Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ResHax

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Help us keep the site running.
Zero Tolerance for Disrespect

Are You Afraid of the Dark? ttoc .dta unpack

Featured Replies

  • Localization

Hi everyone: I'm looking for help deciphering the image compression used in the game Are You Afraid of the Dark? The Tale of Orpheo's Curse (1994).

I'm trying to extract the textures from the .DTA files.

Dragon Unpacker extracts the videos incorrectly; there is something obfuscated that I haven't been able to figure out.

I've attached the main DTA file and the game's executable; if you need any other files from the game installation, I'd be happy to share them.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2zaxey5gxrcynng/AFRAID.rar/file

Edited by UZ.-

i looked into it

image.png

i never heard of fhe game so i dont know the context of what it is but i assume these are the sprites?

a similar situation happened to me with tom and jerry in fists of fury the pc version has texture.dat a headerless uncompressed raw archived which was easy to view the graphics but i dont know how to unpack it

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.