Do you like the it ?

michalss

Thanks for creating the site!

Would prefer to see a much simpler UI rather than these newfangled modern UIs lol.

Both in terms of the actual CSS design with the layouts as well as the color schemes.

That is one of the great things about old school forums, they are so simple, compact, refined. It's very easy to take in a lot of information quickly and easily at a glance, and they're very easy on the eyes. To be honest, I find this to be layout to be over-padded, the colors (both light and dark theme) to be harsh, and in some cases (more in the light theme) the elements can be overly fine and indistinct.

Again, I do appreciate that you stepped up to create something new. I'm just overly picky when it comes to UI, especially with forums lol. And I'm glad to see so many people are coming over here. Thank you again.

Edited by Relight
  • Like 1

• Engineer

I like the dark theme. I'm gonna need some time to form valid opinions. UI looks nice, but UX is worse in some areas.

The editor is something else, it looks like Invision devs didn't really cared. I was hoping for Markdown or plain html support. Or at least support for tables.

I have to hope there is a plugin for tables somewhere.

Invision also removed support for BBCode as I read, so everything must be done by hand. Migrating stuff from other editors is gonna be pain.

Overall it's great for a first version. I have to hope this forum doesn't end up like xentax or zenhax.

Good luck.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

I like the dark theme. I'm gonna need some time to form valid opinions. UI looks nice, but UX is worse in some areas.

The editor is something else, it looks like Invision devs didn't really cared. I was hoping for Markdown or plain html support. Or at least support for tables.

I have to hope there is a plugin for tables somewhere.

Invision also removed support for BBCode as I read, so everything must be done by hand. Migrating stuff from other editors is gonna be pain.

Overall it's great for a first version. I have to hope this forum doesn't end up like xentax or zenhax.

Good luck.

All can be sorted.. i will have a look to all of this. Just need a bit of time. BTW it uses ckeditor. It is 100% configurable.

• Like 2

Thank you for the new forum and the time to set it up so we can can all call this from now on... our new home, indefinitely.

The forum so far looks very freshly and neatly clean yet harsh, the themes contrast is not very easy on the eyes for reading long periods of time with dark background and white text, I do agree with Relight user above as to how old forums where meant to be compact, quick and easy to read an navigate, yet up to date with proper functionalities and usable feature to speed up the usage for what ever purpose where intended, not too many bells and whistles visually that are distracting from its initial purpose, the colors seem highly bright and sharp on the eyes, and i have what its called a 20/20 vision and feels a bit much, my humble opinion.

As for the old XeNTaX and ZenHax forums from out of which we where all abandoned, what we can ALL learn from this very recent past, in order for the new forum to have a life long success and even beyond that, it MUST be about the community as a whole, not selected individuals where if they think they hold a certain and specific skill set, that either where born with or have developed at an early age, have to gang up against the rest of the community and bash them, call them names, accuse them of all sort of degrading things because of how they feel about certain situations and scenarios or life problems even, all in a condescending manner just for their own heart content, when in part was done due to lack of their social skills, management skills, and other poor life decisions that they brought in to the old forums and acted it on to the community over all, there are people out there with amazing creative skills, just saying, where their help is extremely appreciated and needed too to have a fully successful forum.

A community as a whole is comprised... well in our case with the old two forums and this new one, about this wonderful world of computer generated imagery in 2D/3D computer game formats and other 2D/3D formats, etc. used in many types of tools and software/scripts, so on and so forth, where developers/programmers create that specific software and formats in order for next level of creators to make content based on their hard work, then the end users benefit from their work in the way it was intended, and beyond, where reversing is done by skilled reversers/programmers/coders later on and even those end results are also used by either same type of end users or others that join in later on, that got their hands on that content initially created and more work is being done and progressed further to their liking or what ever the case may be.

All of that has to be taken in to account for every each and one of those tasks performed, if i may offer a suggestion, please do not follow same errors in judgement that where on the old two forums, one had just a single admin and refused to evolve in expanding the moderation to those willing to improve and support it for a better success to take off some of the pressure and workload and full support where needed, while the other had enough moderators just to fill a pretty list where the level of incompetence as a moderator and good community example was ever present for some of them and didn't actually pull their weight and do what they where supposed to.

If new moderation is to be selected it should include all those type of people i mentioned above, where each have a certain level of communication and social skills and each can properly asses and intervene where they know can make a difference for the greater good of the community, not for select individuals and/or groups, as that can be very toxic and offers an off putting experience in the long run.

It doesn't really matter why both old two forums ended the way they did after such a long time, that is irrelevant, it all happened due to improper communication, incompetence and boosted or hurt ego based on those skills i mentioned above or other hidden and/or obvious subtle or some aggressive even, agendas, i am actually happy for those that are gifted and i salute them, yet regardless of their personal outcome in life and decisions made for what ever they assumed responsibility in the first place, forums or not, all those frustrations what ever they may be should not be taken on to the whole community as a whole.

All in all, we can ALL do better, we can ALL strive for greater good, we can ALL move on forward for as long as we have the platform, and strip away any left over BS, IF... and i cant stress this enough, IF... it is meant for the WHOLE community, not otherwise.

Also... for all of us being part of the old forums... something that many should take in to consideration, was a privilege, not a birth right, and nothing should be taken in an entitled way, by either side, yet many get lost, thus corrupting the community, killing its longevity, sad.

For those of you who reached the end and read it all, I wish you all the best, your stay here in the new forum may it all be in a productive and creative way, be it hobby, professionally or just pure brain tease and fun.

Cheers.

P.S.

From all my years in this community and from what i gathered while observing his behavior, I would like to take the time and express my following example... of one of the most prolific, dedicated, humble yet amazingly skilled reversers of what it truly means to be a part of a community and understand the true values of it, the one and only ID-Daemon.

ID-Daemon is the best example for one main reason, he understood from day one after he joined our past community on both old two forums, that not all of us are equal in our skill sets, yet him being aware of his, was hands down ready to share the fruit of his hard work with the rest of us, with out any type of fanfare and theatrical exclamations or other ridiculous accolades, because he is humble, he is aware those will not bring anything productive in to the mix, at all, yet truth be told... he deserves those and so much more.

He always took on a task no one could while others laughed and said "I can do that too... but better, but I'm too good for it and wont waste my time since my ego hasn't been boosted yet, and my epaulets are missing the rank i fully deserve" and made sure we all got to enjoy it, no questions asked, at his own accord, time and support, and that's what this is all about giving all our circumstances in this type of a community as a WHOLE.

Live long and prosper ID-Daemon!

P.P.S.

All the above paragraphs are my own thoughts and humble opinions and assessments over the years while being part of the community, no influence of any kind has been forced in to my thought pattern, those of you that somehow get offended, tough luck, real life is far worse than that believe you me, buck up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roswell said:

Please tone down white text on black background usage, it hurts my eyes.

Look at dark theme from Discord for inspiration.

I will try to make an experimental theme with some color modifications. Try to give exact color what would fit to dark theme in hex. Btw you can still switch to light theme as well..

image.png.512d5e500aa65cbfca1713417d306b20.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Love this! From the sleek UI to the default dark theme and snappy page loads, this is what a reverse engineering forum should look and feel like.

Thank you for the hard work and not least, the financial investment required to run something like this in these trying times.

• Like 3