October 14, 2025Oct 14 Hello! I would love to get some help extracting the files and models from this game. There's some .jpkg files and inside seems to have more stuff I found one tool that while it does extract some files, it also gave me an error and doesn't seem the files have the right names? Files inside are .skel, .jtex, .mesh and more Tool mentioned: https://github.com/WistfulHopes/JPKGReader Sample files extracted with the tool: <link removed by Moderator> Game is free on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2072560/DRAGON_BALL_GEKISHIN_SQUADRA/
January 22Jan 22 Localization Solution A process has been detailed here https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/e/2PACX-1vTzfKaEfN4mnHbnBWCzrGUMQon_2tnTCl7WhR9eByxchR-H1FBN186k5Nh-9OySC5zAAHeLxOtcpwcY/pub?pli=1 byWistfulHopes.
February 10Feb 10 On 1/22/2026 at 2:13 PM, 09williamsad said: A process has been detailed here https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/e/2PACX-1vTzfKaEfN4mnHbnBWCzrGUMQon_2tnTCl7WhR9eByxchR-H1FBN186k5Nh-9OySC5zAAHeLxOtcpwcY/pub?pli=1 byWistfulHopes. Do you know who made this guide? I see it says "by WistfulHopes" in your message but I just wanna make sure because it doesn't seem like them based on how the guide is worded. Edited February 10Feb 10 by throoway
February 10Feb 10 Localization 13 hours ago, throoway said: Do you know who made this guide? I see it says "by WistfulHopes" in your message but I just wanna make sure because it doesn't seem like them based on how the guide is worded. I do not.
May 5May 5 I believe it's due to the JPG reader. I managed to speak with the person who made it, but they said it was an outdated version, so I looked for one on GitHub: https://github.com/WistfulHopes/JPKGReader
August 22Aug 22 I'm also interested in this topic, but I don't see how to extract image content from the store section because the JPKG Reader executable can't read the download.jpkg/download.jpkg_contents files. Release 0.3.0 | V5 Package Format · WistfulHopes/JPKGReader · GitHubSo I don't know if the project isn't updated and that's why there's no way to work with those files, or if the files are encrypted, or if what I'm looking for is in resource.jpkg/resource_patch.jpkgI'm including screenshots of what I mean by what I'm looking for in case anyone has even the slightest idea.
September 19Sep 19 Localization This archive uses JPKG v6 instead of v5. The layout and encryption seeds have changed, which is why the existing reader cannot handle it. The files still use LZ4 compression.Please try the attached Python script and let me know if you run into any issues.python .\gekishin_jpkg_extract.py "path\to\download.jpkg" "path\to\extraction\folder" gekishin_jpkg_extract.py
Monday at 03:02 PM4 days Localization 33 minutes ago, Voided_mid788 said:@Falkrian hey i tried ur script it kept saying magic invalid jpkg fileIt has been a three good weeks. Maybe a patch got released in the meantime. I tend to immediately uninstall the game once I am done working on them.Could you be so kind and provide me the following samples:Main game executableBoth the download.jpkg and download.jpkg_contents files.The extractor still works on the latest version of the game. Edited Monday at 03:14 PM4 days by Falkrian
Tuesday at 12:58 PM3 days @Falkrian wai wha whts download.jpkg i only have resource.jpkg and resource_patch.jpkgBtw my game has new ssb vegeta
Tuesday at 01:16 PM3 days Localization This was a mistake on my part. I am mixing things up here. The post from August 22 mentioned download.jpkg and download.jpkg_contents whilst you are mentioned two completely different files.I found the files you mentioned. I will work on it. 👍 Edited Tuesday at 03:04 PM3 days by Falkrian
Tuesday at 06:32 PM3 days Localization Please give this version a try and let me know the results.python .\gekishin_jpkg_v2.py "path\to\*.jpkg" "path\to\extraction\folder" gekishin_jpkg_v2.py
Yesterday at 10:57 AM1 day Ya it works but now i cant use python script to import model it says smthn abt index line out of range
18 hours ago18 hr Localization On 10/7/2026 at 1:40 PM, Voided_mid788 said:@Falkrian it works but some files come out as raw datI found and squashed a bug that was present in the previous version and I have added support for a few more formats. Please give the new version a try and let me know the results.17 hours ago, Voided_mid788 said:Ya it works but now i cant use python script to import model it says smthn abt index line out of rangeWhat are you trying to import and where?python .\gekishin_jpkg_v3.py "path\to\*.jpkg" "path\to\extraction\folder"gekishin_jpkg_v3.py Edited 18 hours ago18 hr by Falkrian
Create an account or sign in to comment