Tomb Raider 2013 / Rise of the Tomb Raider MUL/FSB Format Tools

_MaZ_TeR_

Making a thread and posting the tools for extracting the audio formats from Tomb Raider (2013) and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I got them from the Xentax page related to the tools which has now disappeared.

These don't work on Shadow of the Tomb Raider unfortunately, I'm not sure if anyone even ever has made a conversion for that game. I also don't know anything about anything from Tomb Raider: Underworld and beyond.

Note, I can confirm these work well as you can see from the soundtrack playlists I made about 2013 game and ROTR on YouTube. However, for some reason the TIGER dumper doesn't give all of the audio files so for example some music tracks are completely missing.

MUL extractor

Tomb_raider_mul.rar

FSB extractor

fsbext.zip

TIGER / DRM dumpers here:

Edited by _MaZ_TeR_
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Could anyone help me with bigfile.000.tiger from Rise of the Tomb Raider? Those programs doesn't extract the all data. Some .MULs are missing. I'm trying to extract the music from the game. There's no music files from the cutscenes and several music files from the gameplay. Does anyone help me? Thank you!!!

10 hours ago, leop2p said:

Could anyone help me with bigfile.000.tiger from Rise of the Tomb Raider? Those programs doesn't extract the all data. Some .MULs are missing. I'm trying to extract the music from the game. There's no music files from the cutscenes and several music files from the gameplay. Does anyone help me? Thank you!!!

I ran into the same problem when I made my soundtrack playlist 3 years ago. Had to record the missing music tracks with OBS Studio in the game.

Not sure what the issue is exactly, I don't know if whether the FSB audio file exteactors are unable to convert those spesific music files or if they're actually listed as UKNOWN files when you unpack the tiger archive.

One such music cue that was missing as I recall was from the cutscene where Ana and Konstantine are observing the Atlas at the Soviet Installation near the end of the game. Another one I recall was from the custcene when Lara escapes the ruins that lead to the Geothermal Valley and she is ambushed by the Remnant.

It's not like those tracks are completely missing from the game as they play just fine in the game.