Street Fighter EX 3 (PS2) 3D models

reguest
Go to solution Solved by BloodRaynare,

Hello all, fellow gamers and game hackers.
I am a big fan of SFEX serie and and especially Street Fighter EX 3 on PS2, and I want to extract the 3D models and skeletal animations and convert them to a common format.

however the files are not easily accessible and they cannot be listed by the operating system, because the game use a custom file system and maybe it even read files from disc based on a numeric sector location (LBN).

so please if anyone want to help me extract 3D models and understand their format or make a tool for that, I will be very grateful.

by the way the game had full debug symbols so it should be reasonably easy for experienced reverse engineers 
to reverse engineer it.

I dumped all SFEX3 functions names from IDA PRO in a text file that I attached to this post so feel free to read it and comment out if you find anything familiar.

sfex3_functions_names.rar

• Solution

RetingencyPlan/AnonBaiter actually made a BMS script to extracting the ARIKA.DAT/PS2.DAT files, however only the JP demo/retail versions are supported.
Here I modified his script a little bit to support the US version (You have to open the SLUS file) as well the script to extract the MDT/PAC files which the model files usually resides.
You can download both of them here:
SFEX3.zip

However, this is only as far as I could do as for the convert/reading the model file itself that's going to require more work and I don't well-versed on that.

Edited by BloodRaynare

29 minutes ago, reguest said:

Thank you very much!

are there any way to open them and view 3D models ?

However, this is only as far as I could do as for the convert/reading the model file itself that's going to require more work and I don't well-versed on that.

Maybe you can try Model Researcher Pro but don't expect miracles.

• 2 months later...