Star Wars: Anakin's Speedway (PC) .AFC

Puterboy1

• Engineer

You could at least have thanked me for the script that took me quite a lot of time to get working, you know?

Anyways, I've since taken a look myself, seems like the game was coded on MacOS, so it should be some kind of aiff, judging from the FORM header with the AIFC identifier:image.png.05906ecca892ee9c102b27e0446c5155.png

The issue is that almost all files start with FORM, so either it needs to be header manipulated or there's no support for vgmstream yet.

Anyone ever stumbled upon that kind of format yet? Can't say I'm familiar with that character distribution:

image.thumb.png.835c7332c382d719f0a4678674051421.png

On 2/25/2024 at 8:35 AM, AlphaTwentyThree said:

You could at least have thanked me for the script that took me quite a lot of time to get working, you know?

Anyways, I've since taken a look myself, seems like the game was coded on MacOS, so it should be some kind of aiff, judging from the FORM header with the AIFC identifier:image.png.05906ecca892ee9c102b27e0446c5155.png

The issue is that almost all files start with FORM, so either it needs to be header manipulated or there's no support for vgmstream yet.

Anyone ever stumbled upon that kind of format yet? Can't say I'm familiar with that character distribution:

image.thumb.png.835c7332c382d719f0a4678674051421.png

Sorry, I've been away from the site. Anyway, I hope you take a look at it.

• Engineer

Well, I myself am at the end of my knowledge to be honest... I was hoping somebody with more audio format knowledge could chime in?

The extension of these should technically be .aifc, but I would need a playable one to compare the header to see how it needs to be transformed to be playable. Sometimes it's as easy as capping a certain number of bytes at the end. I've checked out other games from Lucas Learning Ltd. and they're all using the same format, though none of the files are playable.

Anyone?

7 hours ago, AlphaTwentyThree said:

Well, I myself am at the end of my knowledge to be honest... I was hoping somebody with more audio format knowledge could chime in?

The extension of these should technically be .aifc, but I would need a playable one to compare the header to see how it needs to be transformed to be playable. Sometimes it's as easy as capping a certain number of bytes at the end. I've checked out other games from Lucas Learning Ltd. and they're all using the same format, though none of the files are playable.

Anyone?

I also placed the issue onto here: https://github.com/vgmstream/vgmstream/issues/1498

And according to the HCS Discord server, it supposedly has IMA ADPCDM output and is either 4-bit or 16 bit.