[PS2] Sengoku Basara 2

Go to solution Solved by Gil_Unx,

Does anyone know what compression algorithm is used in this file?

Screenshot2024-03-29210729.png.b391ee0c398199a4a3744d4ebe329e19.png

0x00 Compress Size

0x05 Size After Decompression

Any help, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated by me.
EDIT:The compression algorithm of this file is the same as the .das file in Resident Evil 4 GameCube version.

Sengoku Basara 2.zip

Edited by Sadamekaze

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
On 3/29/2024 at 8:11 PM, Sadamekaze said:

Does anyone know what compression algorithm is used in this file?

Screenshot2024-03-29210729.png.b391ee0c398199a4a3744d4ebe329e19.png

0x00 Compress Size

0x05 Size After Decompression

Any help, no matter how small, would be greatly appreciated by me.
EDIT:The compression algorithm of this file is the same as the .das file in Resident Evil 4 GameCube version.

Sengoku Basara 2.zip 280.28 kB · 8 downloads

I don't know exactly what the compression method is. but last week I made a tool to decompress it. but to compress it back is a bit difficult. The solution is to replace the compression method with a more frequently used one, like the lz family maybe, I use lz01x to compress back in my edited sb2h, it works well.

sb2.png

SB2H_DEC.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2024 at 12:05 PM, Gil_Unx said:

I don't know exactly what the compression method is. but last week I made a tool to decompress it. but to compress it back is a bit difficult. The solution is to replace the compression method with a more frequently used one, like the lz family maybe, I use lz01x to compress back in my edited sb2h, it works well.

sb2.png

SB2H_DEC.zip 17.5 kB · 6 downloads

Thank you very much for the tools and solutions.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 12:05 PM, Gil_Unx said:

sb2.png

SB2H_DEC.zip 17.5 kB · 6 downloads

Sorry to bother you. Could you please send me the file that has been compressed using lz01x, for example?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sadamekaze said:

Sorry to bother you. Could you please send me the file that has been compressed using lz01x, for example?

What do you mean? It depends on what game you are editing, I edited Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes, SLPM_668.48, you need to change the decompression routines in that file (I took the LZ01X decompressor from the Havest Moon STH game), and change all the compressed files to LZ01X, if you like. If you're interested in  modified this game  continue this chat in PM.

Edited by Gil_Unx
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gil_Unx said:

What do you mean? It depends on what game you are editing, I edited Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes, SLPM_668.48, you need to change the decompression routines in that file (I took the LZ01X decompressor from the Havest Moon STH game), and change all the compressed files to LZ01X, if you like. If you're interested, I can send you the application and the files I edited.

Can you send it and how to change the decompression routine of SLPM_668.48? I'm really confused about this game compression issue. Thank you so much for helping me.