Starscape [*.000] and Star Blaze 1 & 2 [*.pak]

yura04kizel

1. I tried to extract files from Starscape by MoonPod using the mr_robot_moon.bms script, but it doesn't work as it was intended to extract files from Mr. Robot by MoonPod.

2. Can someone help extract files from Star Blaze 1 and 2 by Gladiators Software? I want to extract some cool music tracks included in these games.

Here's the file samples:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V58IBSp6gzWACUgJvqYIjlihNCuioEdT?usp=drive_link

You only need unpack? I looked into Star Blaze games and they are simple, but their TOCs are compressed with something like huffman encoding. I don't want to bother with reversing it, but i can dump decompressed TOCs from memory and unpack archives using these dumps, if that's all you need.

Edited by Thief1987

4 hours ago, Thief1987 said:

You only need unpack? I looked into Star Blaze games and they are simple, but their TOCs are compressed with something like huffman encoding. I don't want to bother with reversing it, but i can dump decompressed TOCs from memory and unpack archives using these dumps, if that's all you need.

Uhh, I mean the QuickBMS scripts:

1. The one that extracts files from Starscape

2. The other one that extracts files from Star Blaze 1 and 2

StarScape files are just zip archives you can unpack them with this slightly modified aluigi's script. Or you can try to open it directly with WinZip or WinRar. I tried it with WinRar but my version can't unpack it even though it reads folder and file structure correctly.

zip2.rar

Edited by Thief1987

1 hour ago, Thief1987 said:

StarScape files are just zip archives you can unpack them with this slightly modified aluigi's script. Or you can try open it directly with WinZip or WinRar. I tried it with WinRar but my version can't unpack it even though it reads folder and file structure correctly.

zip2.rar 874 B · 1 download

Ok, that's good that it can extract Starscape files, although *.spr sprite images can be viewed by some other third-party software.

Anyway, I can wait for the script that unpacks files from Star Blaze 1 and 2 [*.pak]. I just need to upload the Level Failed music to YouTube.

Unfortunately, I can't run Star Blaze 1 and 2 on Windows 11 😭. Both these games can work only on Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.