Disney Speedstrom .jmodel

DJ Normality
Go to solution Solved by Durik256,

Was able to dump these files down to some decompressed data. But it seems to be in split files. I could merge all data back together see if it can be parsed better but for now here is a car sample that I have. Hope we can get something working. Im pretty sure DK dave helped me with some of these files 😅
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19WfjfX-QdcIxf-w8YjPfZR3t16X6Wfmg/view?usp=drive_link

dde.png

Edited by DJ Normality

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, here is some files for Disney speed storm I have BMS stripped the pack PAK file and I have converted the textures to DDS. Can someone make a script for the characters and the textures and with a rig for Blender or Noesis . thanks 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dqv2gu1l4fif4gibyuqws/DisneySpeedstorm.rar?rlkey=l75ikb6j9qvidw23c9z0hz2ce&st=v6ik738a&dl=0

Edited by Pige123

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2023 at 12:10 PM, shak-otay said:

Nothing of importance:

397F9F3A0CA4BE5E_00000000_0&5.png

Hey this is like the only model ripping attempt I've seen so far, may I ask for a brief explanation on how you got that? Existing jet engine tools work for the textures with no problems but yeah the model format seems to be a little different (and the tool for it was discontinued since xentax shut down) so I'm very interested in learning more about this workflow. I'd really appreciate it thanks!

2 hours ago, shak-otay said:

Using hex2obj, but I don't remember exactly (obviously used fake face indices). You may trick around like so to get pointclouds:

397F9F3A0CA4BE5E_00000000_0.data

Thank you, do you happen to still have the file that you used? (download for it seems to be removed) (regardless of the mesh being mostly useless) it would help me to understand it by being able to reproduce the results.

44 minutes ago, shak-otay said:

FYI

Thank you I really appreciate all of that! Now when I look at it in a hex editor, I can see the clear pattern, including the padding which I do not see on the exported files directly from the game.. which makes sense of course, and there's really nothing I can do with those files in their current state. I know that you're not the author of this post but would you happen to know of a tool that could have have been used in order to get the decompressed data?

2 hours ago, shak-otay said:

I have no idea. But you could upload a compressed file to the  "Compressed files and methods" sub forum and wait for an answer.

No worries, thank you for your help on this! I'll make a post there now.

1 hour ago, Pige123 said:

Here is some files I QuickBms I put the files in the folder with the BMS scrips too with some files from the game the files format is Jmodel 

These file may help you.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dqv2gu1l4fif4gibyuqws/DisneySpeedstorm.rar?rlkey=l75ikb6j9qvidw23c9z0hz2ce&st=v6ik738a&dl=0

Thanks 

I see we've got to a similar stage, trying out existing jet engine tools! It works perfect for the textures, but we're both stuck on the actual model stage 🙂 If we can get the decompressed files to this readable data, we can produce the model. I don't know about the bones, but getting the model itself would be a great step. The author of this post has the models in a decompressed format, and you can examine the hex in this way and construct the model.

I also tried A9tool (asphalt 9 model rip tool) for the models and it doesn't work, it's also quite difficult to find since xentax is gone, but yeah doesn't work.

Edited by ksg22