[PC] The Longest Journey *xarc

Hulk
Go to solution Solved by ikskoks,

Hello

I'm reaching out to inquire about tools for translating the game "The Longest Journey ". The in-game text appears to be dispersed across numerous folders and .xarc files.

I've found "The Longest Journey Toolset" as a possible solution, but its functionality seems limited to extracting .xarc files. Additionally, I've discovered that the game's text resides within .xrc files, which I was able to extract from the primary .xarc file. These .xrc files seem to contain scripts and dialogue subtitles. Unfortunately, the available tools lack the capability to repackage these files.

subs.thumb.jpg.4cdb54a073fffdf9c8ef8f2063739f9d.jpg

So I need a tool that can allow me to modify the .xrc files and also be able to import the .xrc  file back into the .xarc archive
I am also attaching the sample file that contains dialogs and tools
https://mega.nz/file/eX4HEarT#L8c2VNUQQvO-sUnf3mCjTNOgUWYIgBjHfOwRLpDdNmA

Thank you for your time and assistance.

• Solution

You can extract and import data to XARC archive with this script
https://github.com/bartlomiejduda/Tools/blob/master/NEW Tools/The Longest Journey/The_Longest_Journey_XARC_script.bms

Support for XRC files is much more complicated, because they use some kind of internal script language,
so it won't be easy to reverse engineer them and write new tools.

Thank you very much for the XARC script. I was saddened to hear about the issue with the XRC files. Nonetheless, I will start a separate thread regarding the .xrc files in the hope that someone will be able to create a tool for them.