What about Xentax and Zenhax ?

michalss

Story/Why

As a developer and reverse engineer myself, it's truly disheartening to witness the disappearance of these sites. Nevertheless, my plan is to salvage all the tools and scripts from these sites and publish them here. Given our virtually unlimited space, hosting them should not be an issue, provided I can obtain them in the first place.

XENTAX

I've reached an agreement with Mr. Mouse, the owner of the Xentax forum, to promote ResHax and breathe new life into the slowly declining forum. Additionally, I'll make an effort to bring tools from their site to ours. Once their forum becomes inactive, I'll attempt to persuade Mr. Mouse to redirect the domain to our forum, ensuring that all users can find a new home here
This is not longer apply as they have own agenda!!

ZENHAX

The situation here is somewhat problematic. Even though Aluigi is considered a "friend," I've been unable to reach him, not even via email. Consequently, I cannot directly discuss the situation with him and try to convince him to back up the forum data (scripts, tools, etc), assuming any backups still exist, and to redirect the Zenhax domain to our new one. I have attempted to retrieve data from the web archive machine in the past, but I'm uncertain if I'll be successful this time. If anyone has a way to contact him, please let me know via PM. Alternatively, I hope Aluigi himself might reach out to me, which I genuinely pray for, to be honest. By the way, I've created a dedicated forum for QuickBMS, and in the downloads/script section, there is a special place for saving scripts.

This is not longer apply!!

We'll see how this goes, and I can only hope that all these talented individuals will join us and continue their outstanding work on all these formats.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

• Engineer

If anyone's going to use "wayback machine downloader" ruby tool to save data, note that it currently has a known issue: some files (seemingly random) are saved as gzip archive, instead of normal html text. The issue is reportedly caused by changed archive.org behaviour, and not yet fixed. I had to unpack gzip archives manually. Otherwise the tool is very good, its using webarchive API.

Edited by id-daemon
  • Thanks 3

Xentax Forum is redirected to here, while the original message was that they would be down by the end of the year. This really sucks as I almost completed my tool to download all attachments too (besides the general archive of the topics itself).

I guess with this site popping up he gave up early :(

1 minute ago, Ithamar said:

This really sucks as I almost completed my tool to download all attachments too (besides the general archive of the topics itself).

They mentioned on Discord they'll make tools available with some snippets from posts on how to use them with time here so patience is virtue... Shame it is inaccessible for time being but it shouldn't be forever.

7 minutes ago, wssdude said:

They mentioned on Discord they'll make tools available with some snippets from posts on how to use them with time here so patience is virtue... Shame it is inaccessible for time being but it shouldn't be forever.

Ok, I'll see if I can talk to them on Discord over the weekend, would love to see that wealth of both information and tools be safely backed up, the whole reason I was working on a Python script to download them all in one fell swoop 😉 

Well, information for the most part is probably lost...

Tools specifically were mentioned. And they mentioned they'll work on it and post it at their own leasure. Wouldn't force it out of them tbh...

Wiki (which wasn't updated for some time before the shutdown as far as I'm aware) is backed up fully, look at this comment here.

So it is posts and PMs and such that got truly lost for the most part, rest should in some form be available with time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wssdude said:

Tools specifically were mentioned. And they mentioned they'll work on it and post it at their own leasure. Wouldn't force it out of him tbh...

Did they post on here? Or where would they publish these tools? I'm happy to leave them alone, I'm just looking for an "official" statement from them, or some place to check for those updates. Maybe I'm just expecting too much 🤷‍♂️

Cool that the wiki was saved at least!

20 minutes ago, wssdude said:

Plan is to publish them here in some archive. It was posted only on Discord, unsure how to get an invite link now honestly, can't generate one 🙁

Unsure if I should post this here, but maybe it'll give some resolution to few peeps about the whole situation.

I'm sorry if I made you feel pushed, but thanks a lot for posting that. I think that clears things up greatly, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...