ResHax Discord Server

ikskoks

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 3:39 PM, Cyberfriend said:

What is the point in making a discord server if we have a forum?

🤔 What is the point of having a telephone if you can send postal mail? Each has their place. Discord is poor medium for following a single thread (often times you'll see 2 or 3 active conversations intermingled, which makes it quite confusing to follow later if you weren't one of the active participants) and it's bad for discoverability (nicely walled gardens that search engines knows nothing about), but it's decent for higher bandwidth quick chats while solving a problem. Also it's sometimes useful to have a fallback in case there are ever issues with the main website (down time, maintenance...) just to inquire what's going on. Personally I'd promote asking questions in the forum *first*, so all later readers can easily benefit from the answers.

Edited by piken
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, piken said:

🤔 What is the point of having a telephone if you can send postal mail? Each has their place. Discord is horrible for following a single thread (often times you'll see 2 or 3 active conversations intermingled, which makes it quite confusing to follow later if you weren't one of the active participants) and it's bad for discoverability (nicely walled gardens that search engines knows nothing about), but it's decent for higher bandwidth quick chats while solving a problem. Also it's sometimes useful to have a fallback in case there are ever issues with the main website (down time, maintenance...) just to inquire what's going on. Personally I'd promote asking questions in the forum *first*, so all later readers can easily benefit from the answers.

Sure, but never forget that xentax died because people prefer to rotting in discord instead of posting in the forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikskoks said:

No, it isn't. As an ex-admin/moderator on Xentax I can tell you that you're completely wrong. 😄

Are you gonna tell me that this types of buffoons aint the responsible of the death of xentax?

20231206_150133.jpg.d056cf3cce140ccbfbaf4c490d8f02ae.jpg Why would the admin waste money in a dead forum where the userbase prefer using discord then the actual forum? This retards zoomers use discord for everything (wikis, file host, and even foruns).

Xentax closure had nothing to do with the discrod server or it's members. Or at least it's not the main reason.
If you've payed attention, you would notice that there were several announcements about why and when Xentax will be closed.

But let's stop this discussion. It's off topic. We should discuss here only about ResHax discord server, nothing else.

• Like 3