SH4 (PC)

MuSeR
Go to solution Solved by Homer J,

Hello, can anyone make tools export/import or Injecting (Tools/Script BMS) for Silent hill 4 The Room (PC - GOG Version). Because just 1 file can't Import from edited files.

I attach the files you can examine.

I using tools from John Modest, but one files can't imported/repack/encoding. The file is "message_common_eu.bin".. Since the game reads files "message_common_eu.bin" only, not "message_common.bin" or the orther "common.bin"

Here the prove:
Extract/Decode the "message_common_eu.bin ( WORK )
spacer.png

After Edited the "TXT" file and Encode/Import back to New Bin ( Not Work )

spacer.png

I have used various methods from changing Hex, Rename Files. However, it all FAILED. And the game has no text at all for the Main Menu.

Please help.
Thank for helping

Edited by MuSeR

On 12/25/2023 at 9:53 PM, MuSeR said:

Thanks for helping it's works now.

Hello can you help us?
We need to modify the font in the game.
We extracted the font image from the fontdata_kr.binfile,
but where is the character coordinate file located? How can we modify the letter coordinates to add new letters?

On 12/25/2023 at 1:55 PM, Homer J said:

Try this method: decode to txt file that I attached, edit, then encode to bin, then open it in hex editor, delete first 16 bytes; open in hex editor message_common_eu.bin go to offset 14750 and paste edited "new.bin".

new.zip 4.87 kB · 12 downloads

Hello can you help us?
but where is the character coordinate file located? How can we modify the letter coordinates to add new letters?

On 2/28/2024 at 8:56 PM, AMO1 said:

Hello can you help us?

Hello. I do not know how you extracted the font image and I do not remember how I edited the font, but I remember that there are 2 fonts in the file: large and small. The letter widths of the large font start at an offset (hex) of 30, and the small font - 30650. Maybe this will help you in some way. If I remember something else, I'll tell you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 9:48 AM, Homer J said:

Hello. I do not know how you extracted the font image and I do not remember how I edited the font, but I remember that there are 2 fonts in the file: large and small. The letter widths of the large font start at an offset (hex) of 30, and the small font - 30650. Maybe this will help you in some way. If I remember something else, I'll tell you.

Thank you for your reply.

We haven't made any progress and we don't understand how it works.

I have uploaded the file responsible for the font and a picture of the font to you.

It would be great if you could tell us more details.

Thank you

fontsh.rar