Frog Detective The Entire Mystery - extracting game text

hello everyone this is my first time trying to localize a game, I want to localize (Frog Detective The Entire Mystery) 

1-I Extracted the text, changed it, save the changes 

2- when I lunched the game the original dialogue didn't change, how do I save the changes in the game ?

*I downloaded the game from both Xbox and steam

5.png.7ca3774b1b5553dec6569a13109f4aa2.pngssw.thumb.png.4f1d9e6405156ce0855668a3272ca3da.png

Edited by wordsmith

• ikskoks changed the title to Frog Detective The Entire Mystery - extracting game text
On 1/6/2024 at 5:09 PM, wordsmith said:

unfortunately I cant Upload BUNDLE type files here  

You can upload to Mega.nz, google drive etc. and then share a public link here.
But try UABE first as it was suggested above.

On 1/8/2024 at 8:12 PM, EmOo said:

https://github.com/SeriousCache/UABE It can handle bundle files.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:42 AM, ikskoks said:

You can upload to Mega.nz, google drive etc. and then share a public link here.
But try UABE first as it was suggested above.

I used UABE and It worked perfectly, the problem is 

-I have 1805 BUNDLE FILES and the texts is all over the files, is there a way to find the text files more easily or should I check one file at a time ? 😵‍💫

second How can I extract the text file, do my translation and then import it again ?

sorry this is my first time and I don't know what i'm doing so please bear with me. 

sr.png

Do you see the texts for translation in these files when you click "View Data"? I've pulled a few translation files from games on Unity and it wasn't always the TextAssets file format. It might as well be MonoBehavior.

EDIT

I checked the game files. Just as you wrote, the game texts are scattered throughout the *.bundle files. It will be possible to translate it but it will be time-consuming and tiring.

Yes, you can export. Select what you want to export and click [Plugin > Export TXT]. Translate text in file (Don't mess up the file structure), save and import [Plugin > Import TXT]. Repeat the action with each file where there is text to translate.

I count 116 *.yarn files in all *.bundles but these are probably the dialogues themselves. The interface text must be stored elsewhere. Interface texts are in MonoBehaviour file format under the name TextMeshProUGUI

spacer.png

Edited by Pikor
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Pikor said:

[Plugin > Export TXT]. Translate text in file (Don't mess up the file structure), save and import [Plugin > Import TXT]. Repeat the action with each file where there is text to translate.

thank you for your help, 

I translated few lines and imported as you instruct, but when I played the game nothing changed in it, do you know why ? 

I check one of the *bundle files. I replace the text and everything works correctly (except for unsupported diacritical characters, but in my case this would be a problem to be solved later). For testing, use the same *.bundle file as in the attached image. Open UABEA > Load *.bundle into MEMORY > INFO > Find the PHONECALL_PHONE file > For a test, edit it with the "Edit Data" button. Change one line of dialog. > FILE > Save > Close UABEA > Check the in-game text (first phone call).

PS. If you have a "*" char in the Modified column, it means editing the file without saving the file. When you click File > Save it disappears and means that the change has been applied to the *bundle file.

spacer.png
spacer.png

Edited by Pikor

3 hours ago, Pikor said:

use the same *.bundle file as in the attached image. Open UABEA > Load *.bundle into MEMORY > INFO > Find the PHONECALL_PHONE file > For a test, edit it with the "Edit Data" button. Change one line of dialog. > FILE > Save > Close UABEA > Check the in-game text (first phone call).

how did you do that ;(

I did what you said step by step but still nothing changed in the game, I made sure when I edited the file to save as you said.

I play the game using XBOX PC is that the problem or am I doing something stupid ?

X.png

5.png

9 hours ago, Pikor said:

xbox version on PC

yes I'm playing the Xbox version on PC. 

I wrote Wordsmith just to check If I can find it in total commander, I did found it so I'm certain that the changes are saved, but the problem is that the changes never appear  in the game. 

ssw.png

tcw.png

Check if the orginal dialog is not present in another file. Developers sometimes leave "junk" in the game files (not used anywhere). I tested this on the PC version. There may be differences in the XBOX version.

AssetsStudio can read all bundle files. When loading, errors may be displayed, do not pay attention to it. You will see all the contents of these files afterwards. You can check the file names and their contents there. Check if there will be "phonecall_phone.yarn" without "ep1_".

https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio

On 1/13/2024 at 4:04 PM, Pikor said:

Check if the orginal dialog is not present in another file.

I checked and couldn't find any other dialog in different files.

yesterday I bought and download the game from Steam, tried again to changed the text but unfortunately the same problem happened, noting changed in the game, so I guess I'm doing something wrong?

You have already done a lot to help me and I hate to ask you to do more, but is it okay if you upload a quick video from changing the txt to launching the game? just to check if I missed something.

I completely understand this is not possible.