[TUTORIAL] How to translate Unity games using UABEA

ikskoks

3 hours ago, Kefir said:

I was able to open the .bundle via UABEA and change 1 localization file, but when I launch the game, no text is displayed

You need to load the bundle file into memory. Make changes to it and save in two places in UABEA (in the file content preview window and in the main program window). After saving this way, check if the modification date of the file has changed.

5 hours ago, Pikor said:

Make changes to it and save in two places in UABEA

It was explained in the tutorial already (steps 13 and 14). Users just need to learn to read everything very carefully. 😄

EDIT: I've added an additional note in the tutrial regarding saving to prevent such issues in the future.

On 1/19/2024 at 3:57 PM, Kefir said:

I was able to open the .bundle via UABEA and change 1 localization file, but when I launch the game, no text is displayed

same problem here, the changes didn't apply to the game 

For some game its not working, for example this game: NEEDY GIRL OVERDOSE - Steam
From Tutorial i see screenshot the type of the file is "Material"

But in this game the text contain from "MonoBehavior" as for view data on UABE its just NULL ASSET
But i'm 100% sure the text contain from here, from what i saw in Total Commander

Try to dump, but this windows pop-up...

MonoBehaviour template info failed to load.
MonoBehaviour assets will not be fully deserialized.

19 hours ago, ikskoks said:

@CHero Please tell me what was the text you have searched for in total commander and what assets did you try to edit (tell me exact assets names and file names).

I'll try to help and update tutorial if needed.

its resources.assets, the text contain Main Menu, warning screen when booting game, etc
The text i search from total commander is "This game blablablablablabla" something like that

File name is idk SystemText inside resources.assets this asset type is MonoBehaviour

It works fine for me:
obraz.png.4fd56b0ce5fd92c13556046ee60f7253.png

obraz.png.5af1a17076df3521b8abf171b8135ab2.png

Are you sure you followed all the steps from the tutorial correctly?
It was said on the beginning of the tutorial that in case of any issues with UABEA you should use nightly version
https://nightly.link/nesrak1/UABEA/workflows/dotnet-desktop/master/uabea-windows.zip

I made it bold and red in the tutorial, so it will be clear that this is very important to follow. 😄

• 2 months later...

Hi! Is it only possible to get text from some Unity games this way? When I tried to extract text from the game Burnhouse Lane, this way it didn't work. When I marked the file and selected the Plugins menu, the plugins window was blank. No menu to convert to a text file. I found a similar procedure later, which differed in that UABEA exported the files to Raw, located a text file (.dat), and used a program UnityText to get the text in .csv format. It worked for me.