(PC) Batman: Arkham Asylum Cutscenes

MarcoBabo
Go to solution Solved by ikskoks,

Hi, guys; hope y'all are doing well. Does anyone know how can I translate this game cutscenes? I tried to look for a cutscene text string using Total Commander, but it didn't find anything. I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.

• Solution

So... you didn't try to find it hard enough.

English text is here:
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\Localization\INT\Cutscene.int

Polish text is here:
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\Localization\POL\Cutscene.pol

Etc.

I happen to have polish version, so I've translated one line from "Cutscene.pol" file and it works fine in game. https://imgur.com/a/HggX7Qo

I said cutscenes, but I didn’t express myself correctly. I mean the dialogues; like when you first arrive with Joker at Arkham, there’s a cutscene, and then there’s some dialogue while you move Batman. I want to translate those dialogues.

Please provide some example texts.
(because you still haven't express yourself correctly - I am unable to tell which text you mean)

If possible - please also link here a YouTube video of batman gameplay where this text occurs in game (with the proper timestamp in the link of course).

26 minutes ago, ikskoks said:

Please provide some example texts.
(because you still haven't express yourself correctly - I am unable to tell which text you mean)

If possible - please also link here a YouTube video of batman gameplay where this text occurs in game (with the proper timestamp in the link of course).

Timestamp: 02:49

I tried to looking for that text and couldn't. There's many many more, but that's just an example.

You had issues, because UPK files are compressed and english text mentioned in 02:49 is in this location:
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\Max\Max_A1_CH1_LOC_INT.upk

You can unpack it with this tool:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo9YIQHgTu4E8Vt_XkH818UiwU0F38Vo/view

And then you'll find english text in this file:
Max_A1_CH1_LOC_INT\Speech-Max_C1\Max_C1_CH1_J_Quips_10.SoundNodeWave

For polish texts, paths are very similar. Here are correct paths for line from 02:49
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\Max\Max_A1_CH1_LOC_POL.upk
Max_A1_CH1_LOC_POL\Speech-Max_C1\Max_C1_CH1_J_Quips_10.SoundNodeWave

6 hours ago, ikskoks said:

You had issues, because UPK files are compressed and english text mentioned in 02:49 is in this location:
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\Max\Max_A1_CH1_LOC_INT.upk

You can unpack it with this tool:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Yo9YIQHgTu4E8Vt_XkH818UiwU0F38Vo/view

And then you'll find english text in this file:
Max_A1_CH1_LOC_INT\Speech-Max_C1\Max_C1_CH1_J_Quips_10.SoundNodeWave

For polish texts, paths are very similar. Here are correct paths for line from 02:49
Batman Arkham Asylum - Game of the Year Edition\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\Max\Max_A1_CH1_LOC_POL.upk
Max_A1_CH1_LOC_POL\Speech-Max_C1\Max_C1_CH1_J_Quips_10.SoundNodeWave

How can I edit the extracted files?