[ PS2]Taiyou to Ame to (AKA Flower, Sun, and Rain)

Hello! I've been trying to find a way to extract the models from the Japanese exclusive PS2 version of Flower, Sun, and Rain as they're higher quality than those of the DS version. I'm not knowledgeable on game hacking but I've managed to figure out I needed to use quickbms with a script I found on xen-tax in order to extract the initial bin files that I couldn't open using Noesis. I tried using several other programs to open up the newly acquired dat files but nothing worked until I finally used Watto Studio's Game Extractor which told me that I should use quickbms (again) in order to open the dat files. I read through the provided txt explaining how to create scripts for the program but unfortunately it went all over my head and I'm at a wall at this point.

I understand the dat format is effectively a generic file extension that can cover anything so I know I can't just use a random converter program to open them (I did try brute forcing with several programs just in hopes for a while though). I also tried looking at some of the quickbms tutorial links in the reverse engineering tutorials collection page but several that seemed helpful were dead. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

fsr dat files.png

• 1 month later...
  • Engineer

The samples you posted are raw 16bit PCM music files (not sure what sample rate or how many channels), that means somewhere in a filesystem is some kind of master file with header information for all those bin archives and their streams.

• michalss changed the title to [ PS2]Taiyou to Ame to (AKA Flower, Sun, and Rain)