(PS2) Critical Velocity models

since I've found a way to dump Critical Velocity PS2, basically a Japanese spin-off game of the Ridge Racer series, thx to ikskoks for the bms dump script in here, I'm interested more on the car models. Is there anyone who can work on those models? You can also put some sample files for maps or character models too.

sprout sample car.7z

Edited by UndercoverBoy833
Still need answers

It seems like you need to unpack those *.pac files first because there are several files inside. I cut the code of 1st file and pasted that in a new file "m05_1,gmd" After analyzing it, I noticed that it has the generic PS2 mesh format(with tags), so it looks like this:

Mesh Tag 4 bytes(04 01 00 01)
	Vertices Tag 4 bytes(02 80 xx 6C)
		Vertices 12 bytes Float, flag/padding 4 bytes
	Normals Tag 4 bytes(03 80 xx 78)
		Normals 12 bytes Float
	Vertex colors Tag 4 bytes(04 C0 xx 6E) 
		Vcolors 4 bytes, byte
	UVs Tag 4 bytes(05 80 xx 74)
		UVs 8 bytes Float

Next Mesh, Tag 4 bytes(04 01 00 01)
etc.

Byte "xx" is the count so in a mesh, all xx bytes have same value.

I edited one of my PS2 scripts(which uses a search by Durik), it looks like something

critical_velocity_car.PNG

Edited by roocker666

30 minutes ago, UndercoverBoy833 said:

And how do I unpack the .pac files? Do I have to use offzip or something?

Use the same quickbms that you used before. This one 

By using that, you will get models(.gmd), textures(.tm2) and more files. About textures, Noesis can read tm2 files so just export those as .PNG

Edited by roocker666

30 minutes ago, roocker666 said:

Use the same quickbms that you used before. This one 

By using that, you will get models(.gmd), textures(.tm2) and more files. About textures, Noesis can read tm2 files so just export those as .PNG

oh right, I got it. thx for the answer brother.

In the meantime, I'll keep this topic open if anyone wants to check it out for other models like characters and map assets etc.

8 minutes ago, UndercoverBoy833 said:

oh right, I got it. thx for the answer brother.

In the meantime, I'll keep this topic open if anyone wants to check it out for other models like characters and map assets etc.

OK!, and about the models .gmd, it seems like some are used for the shadow so check that. BTW,  you need to attach some meshes and move them to its correct position because some meshes appear on bottom. Maybe someone can edit the script to fix it.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, roocker666 said:

BTW,  you need to attach some meshes and move them to its correct position because some meshes appear on bottom.

Offtopic but that reminds me of Ridge Racer Unbounded car models since I've used Durik's noesis script (.vhcl) to convert to fbx obj, and then I have to reassemble the mesh afterwards lol.

Edited by UndercoverBoy833
more explanation

9 hours ago, UndercoverBoy833 said:

taking the glimpse of Critical Velocity car model, and I took Clivo SK-1 as an example. So I can guess that .erp is the separate interior model texture archive.

.erp has some meshes and use the same mesh format so you can rename .erp to .gmd and you can open it. 

erp.PNG