Ripping from My Om Nom Models (.msh)

Korkeus
Go to solution Solved by Durik256,

I wanted to convert the My Om Nom models to a format which is usable for example .obj. These Models are in .msh file format and the only converter online is for 3ds max heres the link where i found it: https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-28315.html

I already have the textures though all I need is the models heres every model in the game ive sourced from the files google drive link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19lnIMec4zpGt2gyKyZU64fYXjH5CPBgZ?usp=drive_link

Please help me find a way to convert them

Edited by Korkeus

Posted (edited)

im a noob but how you find/put in the right vertices/other numbers in this to get it to work? Ive never done this before so all of this is new to me lolScreenshot2024-07-20003141.thumb.png.051c9326fcc89436f9704a1a23ae6a4a.png

Edited by Korkeus

6 hours ago, Korkeus said:

im a noob but how you find/put in the right vertices/other numbers in this to get it to work? Ive never done this before so all of this is new to me lol

Long story short, press the tut Button to get a clues. If you're starting from cratch it's a long way to go, starting with "how can I identify floats and DWords in a hex editor?".

• Solution

The plugin for 3ds does not open models correctly, and some will not open at all, since there may be different types of vertices, different face formats for sub-grids, etc.

i made plugin for Noesis fmt_msh.py

offtop: I just now realized that if a file being uploaded to GitHub has the same name as an existing one, it will overwrite it, pff)

Без имени-1.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you both y'all just preserved history! I can't thank y'all enough this means a lot to me as I've been looking for a solution since January. Much thanks!

Edited by Korkeus