NetEase NeoX Engine - 3D Model (.mesh) File Format

TeaEffTeu

I, as an outsider who is not familiar with this, would advise you to share samples, and available information, such as: "are there tools for this, what versions of .mesh files exist, what are the problems with these files, etc"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Durik256 said:

I, as an outsider who is not familiar with this, would advise you to share samples, and available information, such as: "are there tools for this, what versions of .mesh files exist, what are the problems with these files, etc"

This is a WIP topic, it was hastily made in order to move the discussion out of a file support thread. I will be editing the main post later with more resources.

11 hours ago, TeaEffTeu said:

模型纹理可以作为 PNG、DDS、TGA 和 PVR 文件找到。

After using bms, I only see the RAW file but I don't know how to open it. It doesn't seem to be a texture, and it doesn't work properly even after trying to convert its format. Please give me some guidance. I appreciate it.

Edited by Fantasy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there i have done some digging and i have reversed some stuff, here is what i found out about the .mesh format.

First of all its a binary model with the header: 34 80 C8 BB

This model format does not only store vertex data but also the skeletal bones and weighs configuration kind of like an fbx file.

If the model has bones they will be defined near the top of the file as strings after the header and terminated with null bytes.

Neox engine animates the skeletal rigs with another binary animation file.

Neox has prefabs in the form of an xml file, with the file extention .gim we can see this kind of like the prefabs in Unity, they store the material associated with the model, the collision bounding, along with other stuff. The materials in neox are yet another .xml file with the extention .mtg these store the texture paths along with some other variables. So if you have the f filenames recovered from the extraction the fastest way to rebind the correct texture would be to read the contents of the .gim file that points to the material .mtg file and from there read the paths of the textures. 

Edited by jjo0

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 3:31 AM, Durik256 said:

here's some samples, a bit different from your recent .mesh parsing

jhd0217.zip