problems ripping tracks with a8tool

testing4562145

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

again here, posting all of the models from ftt (terra 9) https://mega.nz/file/YBljVTrC#f8pPWA1DW04JZEb1eWqLA3eTdCZpBDjBqJ8Dy7w_zws

i can rip tracks from older versions with pig2fbx, but the road uv mapping is inaccurate

if anybody wants to try converting or fix it, i have a8tool here a8tool.zip

it's just the tracks and garage that have uv mapping issues and some other models, the cars and bikes work

On 8/26/2024 at 5:50 PM, testing4562145 said:

i can rip tracks from older versions with pig2fbx, but the road uv mapping is inaccurate

Well,, this all confuses me a little bit. First off, there's two different compression algos used for the pig files, lz4 and zstd.

You can differentiate between them like so: zstd compressed files contain these signature (seed) bytes: 26 B5 2F FD (where it's 28 instead of 26 in zstd v 1.2.0 afaics).

The pig files which pig2fbx (from Chipicao) can decompress have lz4 compression. Since the source is available you just need to give 1 (one!) sample where the uvs don't match and a coder could try to fix it.

if anybody wants to try converting or fix it, i have a8tool here 

How should one fix it whithout the sosurce code? You have to wait for Bigchillghost (not sure whether he'll dig up this again 7 years later.)

I tried to decompress pig files with zstd.exe of different versions, nothing worked.

edit: the problem was that I compiled the exe Compiling libzstd.dll, that worked like a charm..

Edited by shak-otay

https://mega.nz/file/dVVBjaSa#ZXEii9DKVw8ZMUX3J_8eeNLEUcpRIoPEWmrvbtt5lfQ i have the road models that have uv mapping issues, they were taken from 1.8.0, these are from nevada and sector 8, but have the same issues for other tracks (great wall, alps. french guiana, san diego, etc), as such the only ones that didn't come with issues were tokyo, azure coast and venice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, testing4562145 said:

i have the road models that have uv mapping issues, they were taken from 1.8.0, these are from nevada and sector 8, but have the same issues for other tracks (great wall, alps. french guiana, san diego, etc),

thanks! What I meant was which pig file exactly (name?)

uvs of stones etc are ok

ok, you meant the road

But isn't that supposed to look like as it should? (how does the (diffuse) texture look like?)

Edited by shak-otay

i have the textures, but they are very big and are transparent, extracted them from the windows version, i removed the transparency as it would look weird

T5VefTd.jpeg texture for the dirt parts

OEdhkei.jpeg texture for the main roads, there are a couple of them

and then here are the sector 8 road textures

DFwermE.png

Azrexif.png

Ok, then

this is the obj model for nevada race 08 props

As I wrote before, the uvs seem to be ok to me. You might find the suiting textures and try to apply them

(If you need another model feel free to ask.)

As soon as you find distorted uvs I'd need the model's filename and the textures you tried on it.

Then I'll check Pig2FBX concerning the uv creation. 

btw: I converted the ASCII FBX file to obj with Noesis, since Blender imports binary FBX only . (It were possible to convert ASCII to binary FBX using Autodesks free converters, iirc.)

Posted (edited)

for the distorted uv maps, they are "nev_race_number" (without props, decal, vegetation or the other stuff), for sector 8 it's "ber_area_number_road", i tried to apply the road textures but they came out weird and sideways

iceland roads.zip the iceland track, but only the road itself

image(8).png.d5ec4b24e143c4d23638ad42c398f814.png this is the uv map of all roads of nevada, except the tunnel since it has the right ones, it shouldn't be like this, the other uv map is weird, as it is flat

Edited by testing4562145