Extracting The 3D Models And Textures From The Lost World: Jurassic Park SEGA Model 3 Arcade

Hello Everyone, I Have A Videogame Called The Lost World: Jurassic Park From SEGA Model 3 And I Would Like To Find Out How To Open These IMPR And EPR Files, Maybe Some Of Them Have The Textures, Sounds, 3D Models, Animations, Etc.

But I Don't Know How To Find Them Or How To Extract Them, Although I Was Able To At Least Make A Texture Dump From Which I Was Able To Obtain The Textures, But They Are All Together On One Page.

textures_t1rgb5_opaque.thumb.png.d2fa49cee877ed30a4d1dea80138429e.png

If Any Could Find Out Where The 3D Models Are, In Which File Or Try To Edit The Emulator, Which Is Open Source, To Be Able To Do The Same Thing That Duckstation Does On A 3D Screenshot To Be Able To Send It To Blender.

OSSM_27_-_093.thumb.png.dd5aabe36671ca6818fa35fbce1dcd42.pngTLW-VGArcadePromo.thumb.png.37e5e73bb8df07339d410014c5058527.png

It Would Be Of Great Help ;D

!!!Something Has Survived!!!

You might consider learning how to identify model files?

Then upload a sample.

On 8/12/2024 at 4:52 AM, Jason Voorhees said:

Or Try To Edit The Emulator, Which Is Open Source,

Apart from the fact that you missed to post a link to the emulator source that's a very funny suggestion, imho.

"Edit the emulator" (source) which has how many thousands of lines?🙄

Edited by shak-otay

There Are Several Of These Files And They Are Named IMPR, EPR With An Extension Of A Few Numbers, I Don't Know If The Larger Files Contain The 3D Models And Maps Along With The Textures Or If The Smaller Files Only Contain The Sounds, Music, Etc

image.thumb.png.cbd52d02f7152fc3e779663839cbb6da.png

Of The EPRs There Are Very Few That The IMPRs

Yeah I've looked at The Ocean Hunter in the past and it's a similar thing with how it's dumped at least. It's unfortunately a relic of the era before everything was compiled with a proper filesystem.

Unfortunately, I think getting anywhere with these is either going to mean sifting through an incredible amount of data very carefully or taking a lot of time to examine something like the Supermodel emulator's source and maybe decompiling the game a bit to learn how and where the assets are stored. So yeah it might be pretty tough unless you get lucky with finding a pattern in that mess. 

What did you end up using for the textures? It's possible the models are clustered around those somewhere.

Edited by Shadowth117

Hello There Shadowth117 Yes That Could Be A Good Idea To Try To Edit The Open Source Of The Emulator SEGA Model 3 Perhaps To Be Able To Decompile The Files Or Also Make It Launch Some 3D Screenshot Like Those Emulators Do For Example The Duckstation 3D Screenshot, The Only Thing That Could Be Done With That Emulator For Now Is Just To Dump The Textures, Then The 3D Models I Don't Know Where They Are Stored Apart From The VFX Sounds Or The BGM Etc, They Should Also Be Found In Some Separate Parts, I Don't Know If They Will Be Like MIDI Files

You can try the "save state method" to analyze a file and find models:  Open the emulator and play the game a little bit, then create a save state at some point. Now analyze that save state file using Hex Editor, this helps to find models & textures. I did that and then opened the save state file with "texture finder" and found textures. I am not sure about models, I need to analyze the whole file..

Or you can use "Renderdoc" on the emulator. With this tool you can rip models from games that use Opengl(I did not test this method yet)

Save state file and Texture finder:

lostword.PNG

Edited by roocker666