Unpack NMF model file of DerClou! 2 (The Sting!) game 2001

DerClouFan

Hello! I managed to activate developer mode in the EXE file of the old game DerClou! 2 \The Sting 2001 from the long-closed company NEO Production, as a result of which I received a full-fledged editor for working with game resources in real time. My task is to restore lost content, improve textures and models. Unfortunately, it is especially difficult with model files - the editor allows you to upload and load models into itself, but the uploaded model is in a specific NMF (NEO Model File) format. As I understand it, this was an individual model file format of the developer, and, judging by the game records, made in the Maya 3D program. It's sad, but no 3D tool accepts these files, which is why I can't edit them, improve them, and put them back into the game. Please tell me, is there any way to read them, unpack them into a working format, and then return them to NMF format for loading back into the editor? Thank you in advance. I attach the NMF files as attachments.🙂

SACK.rar

1 hour ago, abso1utezer0 said:

Hi! I've looked at the file and I believe I have a decent idea of how it is structured, though it would help greatly if you could share more complex models from the game. I'll start on a script tomorrow (or, today I guess, lol, its 2am).

image.png.4031772d80df8a6328bb4934efda6381.png

Hello! Thank you! I collected several more different models - interior elements, as well as 3 models that definitely should have animation - the LouisIngram character, the police car and the prism. If for convenience you need even more models, I can upload more, no problem.

MODELS NMF.rar

Edited by DerClouFan

I have some more pieces of material, but I don't know if they will be useful. I have an unpacked game archive with folders of files (they also have an unreadable format). There are folders with names (GROU), there are folders with textures (WRLD\TEXP), there are folders LIST, OBGR, OBJS, TREE, which, it seems to me, may relate to models (but I’m not sure). When packed, this archive is read and load by the editor, but when unpacked, it does not accept these files. I also have 3 opened models from the game, I found them on the Internet (one of them is exactly the mailbag that I dropped off first), but the author on that resource did not respond how he did it, he dissapeared. I don’t know, maybe the opened models can bring some benefit. I'm also attaching a couple of "heavy" models - a large boat with parts + an animated printing machine.

Internet files are attached to the post, but I uploaded the WLD archive to Google Drive. He is big.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZGhwByUUeE3llArYJlr0vULOHow1m-Nu/view?usp=drive_link

Unpack models Internet.rar

Difficult models.rar

Edited by DerClouFan

I've created a plugin for Noesis (mesh/uvs only).

̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶;̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶e̶s̶s̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶R̶A̶M̶ ̶c̶h̶u̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

update: now the position is correct fmt_nmf.py

Police_new.nmf.png

Edited by Durik256
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Durik256 said:

̶T̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶o̶d̶d̶;̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶c̶e̶s̶s̶a̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶F̶R̶A̶M̶ ̶c̶h̶u̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶

Police_new.nmf.png

I also tried opening or exporting a police car - that didn't work either... 😞

26 minutes ago, shak-otay said:

What are you talking about? Instead of complaining you should say 'thanks' to Durik256:

Police_new-nmf_Durik.png

Sack-nmf.png

Where did you see the complaint? This is dialogue, communication. I'm certainly grateful for any help, I've just never used the Noesis program, so I'm sharing what I can't do so far. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I apologize, of course, if from the outside it looked like ingratitude. I'm trying to do it again, thanks for the screenshot.

6 hours ago, Durik256 said:

Police_new.nmf.png

Thanks a lot, know I change the version of  Noesis, and all is ok with police car and sack, and static objects, but when I try to open LoisIngram (animated NPC), I have this - it is okay for animated person in this program or something wrong?

Lois.jpg

Lois.rar