[PC] Supercar Street Challenge - Extracting files [.XB and .cpk]

WateredCabbage

Hey what's up, apologies if I'm writing on the wrong area but I've been scratching my head with this game I've been trying to extract files from but the game is so unknown that I don't even know of a way of unpacking them, here are two of the main files I'm trying to get a hold of. The game released around 2001 and was made for WinME and 2000 if I remember correctly.
Thanks in advance guys, cheers.

ZonR and ssc.zip

29 minutes ago, WateredCabbage said:

Thanks once more man, here is the only other .cpk file (ccrg.cpk) I think, there's also this stray .ffe file (wheels.ffe) that also seems weirdly encrypted but that's just a curiosity to me, sorry for the bother!

ccrg.zip 118.16 kB · 2 downloads Wheel.zip 469 B · 2 downloads

Scripts for cpk files has been updated to V2. Please redownload it.
Apparently, the way the cpk archives laid out is a bit weird
First 0x1000 (4096) bytes are uncompressed then after that it was zlib-compressed.

FFE files are just some kind of definition files for pad/wheel controller vibration effects.

Edited by BloodRaynare
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BloodRaynare said:

First 0x1000 (4096) bytes are uncompressed then after that it was zlib-compressed.

I'll look into it, I've been trying to mess with this game for such a long while but again there's basically no information, hell it's even difficult to even guess what kind of programs they actually used, this was EXAKT's first game, I think. Very interesting and intriguing. Thanks once more mate.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:30 PM, BloodRaynare said:

FFE files are just some kind of definition files for pad/wheel controller vibration effects.

Sorry for my silence, I've been busy working and just now got the chance to mess with these things, is it possible to create a reimporting script for the two cpk files? I tried using the script you sent to repack it and yeah, evidently it didn't. Cheers.

Also sorry for doubleposting.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:06 AM, WateredCabbage said:

Sorry for my silence, I've been busy working and just now got the chance to mess with these things, is it possible to create a reimporting script for the two cpk files? I tried using the script you sent to repack it and yeah, evidently it didn't. Cheers.

Also sorry for doubleposting.

Reimporting is impossible with the script due to the usage of MEMORY_FILEs

Anyway, I made a V3 of the extractor script and also a standalone builder script to get around that.
Redownload the script again and then re-extract/overwrite the files as I included a file listing output feature (it outputs to a txt file named same as the cpk file)
Then after you've done editing the extracted files, run the builder script below and point it to the file list txt files to begin the building.
Hopefully this script does things correctly regarding the zlib compression and the game could load the repackaged files.

ssc_cpk_builder.bms

Edited by BloodRaynare
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2023 at 3:59 AM, BloodRaynare said:

Reimporting is impossible with the script due to the usage of MEMORY_FILEs

Anyway, I made a V3 of the extractor script and also a standalone builder script to get around that.
Redownload the script again and then re-extract/overwrite the files as I included a file listing output feature (it outputs to a txt file named same as the cpk file)
Then after you've done editing the extracted files, run the builder script below and point it to the file list txt files to begin the building.
Hopefully this script does things correctly regarding the zlib compression and the game could load the repackaged files.

ssc_cpk_builder.bms 1.59 kB · 4 downloads

The builder didn't seem to work correctly, I barely altered the ccrg file and it just made my game crash no matter what event I pick, Sorry for the bother.