The Beatles Rockband Blender Importer

AxelNoir

Hi guys, I figured since Xentax is gone now I'd put this back up for others to use and modify further if they so wish to. Just to preface this, I didn't write this importer, a user named Turk did but they have been inactive for a few years and they gave me permission to reupload this at the time. It's pretty simple to use, you just install it as an addon in Blender, and then you import PS3 milo files from The Beatles: Rockband game. In order to get the milo files, you'd need some sort of Ark Explorer tool to extract the milo files from the Ark files first. Once you do that, you should be good.

However this importer is unfinished unfortunately and I do not possess the technical knowledge to finish it. Some offsets are incorrect and currently skeletons/weights/blendshapes are not imported. Some positioning is incorrect and will not be placed right inside of Blender, for the Beatles it's not too big a deal to solve but for props and maps it's quite an issue. If anyone is interested in further researching this please let me know.

This was also written before Blender 2.8 existed so you'll most likely need Blender 2.76 or later for it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

io_import_milops3.zip

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, whenicomearound said:

Tell me the issues and I'll let you know

Looks like George's blendshapes are incorrectly positioned:

2024-04-27_16h31_49.png

The others appear to import fine.

Edited by AxelNoir

1 hour ago, whenicomearound said:

huh that's weird, I'll look into it.

also quick question, what do the blend meshes do? if you know of course

To be perfectly honest I'm not entirely sure, my guess is they have something to do with the way visemes are stored in the game for facial animation for the singing probably. Do you have any plans to add skeletal support for these by the way?

31 minutes ago, whenicomearound said:

Yeah I got partial skeleton import working, just no weights

I only had it for 5 minutes, so its not there anymore for right now

Also try it on a venue and see what happens 😉

Oh no way, I can't believe this dude, you actually figured out the maps somehow holy crap! I owe you for this one man, do you have discord or something? Mine's the same username as here, I'll pay you to finish the rest of this script if you can dude no joke lol!

2024-04-27_19h23_26.png