Kamen Rider Battride War and Summonride EMD

YAKL

Hi, I am trying to get my Kamen Rider Battride War EMD model to look in Noesis.
I was able to get a rough idea of the vertex, face, and UV locations in ModelsResearcher and the number of vertices and faces in Noesis, but I don't know how to get the starting positions of the faces, so Any help on this matter would be appreciated.
I know that MAX Script was created by RandomTBush in the past, but my lack of knowledge of MAXScript makes it difficult to figure out how it works.

Edited by YAKL

On 11/27/2023 at 11:46 PM, Durik256 said:

i made plugin for Noesis fmt_emd.py

originDRV00_emd.png.41b7a4d5b9f5543cb7f9db21192ce131.png

If you don't understand MAxScript, it doesn't mean everyone doesn't understand it, you should have posted it. I think it's a waste of time to research a format from scratch if there is a ready-made plugin.

I was curious to find out how the emd file is structured, so I looked into it, but with my limited knowledge it was a foolhardy challenge to write the script...
Anyway, thanks for your assistance regarding the script!
However, as for some of the other EMD files, when I try to load some of them I get an error at line 42, or some of the meshes are not loaded. Any help in this regard would be appreciated.

Edit: I should have added the Xentax link about the Battride War model first, sorry.

https://web.archive.org/web/20231015214349/https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=10454&start=15

Edited by YAKL

On 11/28/2023 at 3:20 PM, YAKL said:

file is structured

if you had a file structure, or plugin source code, that's what you should have posted first

Xentax link 

xentax is not working, your link is dead

error at line 42

replace inf[11] with inf[9] in line 33, or download the modified plugin on my github

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Durik256 said:

if you had a file structure, or plugin source code, that's what you should have posted first

Xentax link 

xentax is not working, your link is dead

error at line 42

replace inf[11] with inf[9] in line 33, or download the modified plugin on my github

I forgot to use Wayback machine in the link, so I fixed it.
I don't have the source code, etc. as I haven't figured out much about the emd file thing yet, but the Xentax link contains a bit more information and there is a link to the MAX script by RandomTbush there too.

The modified script was able to load almost all of the files successfully, but there are still a few models that skip meshes.

Sorry for the pause since my last post.
I was focusing on the character models and not so much on the stage models, but one day I looked at the stage model data and saw that there was a problem with loading UVs.
After some research in the Hex editor, it seems that this is due to the UV data type being different between the character model and the stage model.

Edited by YAKL

I have identified the likely cause of some meshes being skipped.
As the yellow line in the image shows, there are 32 bytes of characters starting with '00 02 01 50' (the second byte may be 03, 04, etc.) in certain meshes, so it is likely that the error was caused by reading them.

The second image is for a normal reading.

error read2.PNG

correct read.PNG

Edited by YAKL