Once Human (Beta) Noesis script

DKDave

I've updated/rewritten my script to take account of some additional info in various mesh files that previously didn't work.  I've also amended the code for reading the gim/mtg/mtl/pvr files - no need to move them around, the script should pick them up wherever they are in the folder structure.  All you need to do is to set the base folder in the script where you extracted all of the npk archives.

car1.thumb.png.a815699b6ddcc74f0f26d3196d18f671.png

once_human_mesh.zip

• Thanks 1

nice, it seems to work, one small thing is that it looks like it's grabbing the wrong UV for some meshes like the individual hair styles and human character hairs, usually the devs include many UV layouts for different effects like texture, shadows and normal maps, etc., in this example the UV doesn't match the texture:

once.jpg

On 1/9/2024 at 3:38 PM, GDL said:

nice, it seems to work, one small thing is that it looks like it's grabbing the wrong UV for some meshes like the individual hair styles and human character hairs, usually the devs include many UV layouts for different effects like texture, shadows and normal maps, etc., in this example the UV doesn't match the texture:

once.jpg

I had some issues with the hair meshes - it seems like they're the only ones that have 2 sets of UVs, but the first set doesn't give anything looking like a proper UV map.  Either that or it's different somehow.  Still a few issues in the format to iron out ...

On 1/12/2024 at 6:34 PM, DKDave said:

I had some issues with the hair meshes - it seems like they're the only ones that have 2 sets of UVs, but the first set doesn't give anything looking like a proper UV map.  Either that or it's different somehow.  Still a few issues in the format to iron out ...

yeah, I've seen some meshes from other games that implement different uv channels for different mappings (shadows, highlights, texture, normals, etc), it could be something similar for these.

• 5 months later...

image.thumb.png.e7c7721f4c18b39c0b78d3fe99036330.png

This is an old post, sorry to bother you. While I can see the model on Noesis, I cannot see the textures. They come in PVR Format, what should I do? I would be glad if you help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I managed to get the QuickBMS script to work for exporting the .npk files yet when I open the .mesh files within Noesis it says "This file type cannot be previewed, but my be exportable." so when I export the .mesh into .obj or .fbx it's still not viewable in Blender. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

VRChat_Dx16gpdgNv.png

58 minutes ago, God said:

So I managed to get the QuickBMS script to work for exporting the .npk files yet when I open the .mesh files within Noesis it says "This file type cannot be previewed, but my be exportable." so when I export the .mesh into .obj or .fbx it's still not viewable in Blender. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

VRChat_Dx16gpdgNv.png

So I just did the same.  You need to extract every single .npk file.  Some meshes still do not work, but i'd say 99% do. 

Extracting is a different story, when extracting the UVMap which is exported is not the correct one which makes the textures basically unusable.

Edited by RandyBanks

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been able to decompile the .pyc files? Im just trying to find the game data to make some online tools. Thinks like armor stats and rolls etc. Along with ui images for items. They have this thing locked down. I was able to unpack the .npk files and the script.npk is the juice with all the game stuff but i cant get the .pyc decompiled 

On 8/22/2024 at 6:17 AM, Champs said:

your script unpack only one .npk archive, can you update it for unpacking all .npk directly ? or what we need to add on your script ?

open notepad, copy and paste the below script, then save as extract_all.bat and ensure that in the dropdown, you select all files, not txt. then open command prompt, navigate to where you saved this file, then type extract_all.bat and hit enter. it should utilize OP's script and quickbms and run through extracting all .npk files. it might pop up a few times that there are duplicates, i just type "s" and hit enter each time.

oh one more thing, you'll want to adjust the script below to include the exact directories of where your files/folders are. 

@echo off
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion

set "QUICKBMS_PATH=[path to where you saved quickbms]"
set "SCRIPT_PATH=[path to where you saved OP's script]"
set "INPUT_DIR=[path where you have your game files located, like steam location, where the .npk files are]"
set "OUTPUT_DIR=[path to the file folder you want the extracted files to go]"

for %%F in ("%INPUT_DIR%\*.npk") do (
    echo Extracting %%F
    "%QUICKBMS_PATH%\quickbms.exe" "%SCRIPT_PATH%" "%%F" "%OUTPUT_DIR%"
)

echo Extraction complete.
pause

Edited by koabehr
  • Like 1

for anyone struggling with seeing the texture on the mesh, export the mesh in noesis as .fbx, locate the texture which is usually in the "tex" folder, pull that up in pvrtextool, then save as .dds

open up the .fbx file in blender, go to shading, down at the bottom press shift+a, go to texture, image texture, then import the .dds texture file and connect the node to "Base Color" in the "Principled BSDF" node

bam. texture applied

image.png.0123da55c2cbaec0c6a6e8ed71a670cb.pngimage.png.d7303cfa192873ec74ed061dec677911.png

Hey Guys! I'm trying to open the extracted .mesh archive, but I simply can't!

I have installed everything (included but not limited to: "Joro Dox", 4 blender pluguins, "3ds max", "Cocos Dashboard", "AssimpView", "Noesisv4474" and go on...) you could imagine lol, but the 2 main ways to get the models failed to me. I already had extracted the archives with "quickbms", it worked I think!

The first of the errors are, the Ogre returns to me the message: "OGRE EXCEPTION(2:InvalidParametersException): Header chunk didn't match either endian: Corrupted stream? in
Serializer::determineEndianess at G:/SDK/OgreMain/src/OgreSerializer.cpp (line90)".

And the second problem is that "Noesisv4474" simply don't want to open the .mesh format.

I spent all day, please I beg, can someone give me a hand?

UPDATE:
I saw the latest "once_human_mesh.zip" posted on the top, but i didn't figured out how to use the pluguin. I already changed the name of the extraction folder in the ".py" pluguin file, but I don't know what to do now.

Edited by Kingsh00

On 8/17/2024 at 5:01 PM, Dabbius said:

Anyone been able to decompile the .pyc files? Im just trying to find the game data to make some online tools. Thinks like armor stats and rolls etc. Along with ui images for items. They have this thing locked down. I was able to unpack the .npk files and the script.npk is the juice with all the game stuff but i cant get the .pyc decompiled 

Even using pycdc on Linux it's a no-go. That's my usual go-to for any .pyc above python 3.7 but decompiling compiled python after 3.7/8 is notoriously difficult. 

Looking at when a patch gets merged, the .npk's don't get a file modified date, it looks like the files are split in Once Human/Documents/patch_ppk/ with a .ppk key file, has anyone got any experience with this? 

Edited by Rizla

• 2 weeks later...