Shadow of the Colossus Remake (PS4) Models

Quasar728

On 5/21/2024 at 3:39 PM, Dmnslyrx8 said:

Yeah fixing the UV for it is very simple, but ur welcome.

only thing I can't figure out is what "wander_fringe" is for.

Probably a leftover of his dangly things around the waist being separate, in the PS2 version each one was a separate model and attached to him at connection points, and used a model labelled fringe.

1 minute ago, DreamingOxxy said:

Probably a leftover of his dangly things around the waist being separate, in the PS2 version each one was a separate model and attached to him at connection points, and used a model labelled fringe.

I see, that makes more sense, well that's most likely not needed then.

well nice to see that eye textures are applied correctly, even tho it just looks weird as fuck when exported. Good job on those physics too, altho the metal pieces clip too much, altho I'm sure it's not finalized yet.

You can probably use "wander_collision" to use as a physic boundary system.image.thumb.png.b1f6b5064ec4fb61e7de6761a59fcda8.png

1 minute ago, Dmnslyrx8 said:

well nice to see that eye textures are applied correctly, even tho it just looks weird as fuck when exported. Good job on those physics too, altho the metal pieces clip too much, altho I'm sure it's not finalized yet.

You can probably use "wander_collision" to use as a physic boundary system.image.thumb.png.b1f6b5064ec4fb61e7de6761a59fcda8.png

I could probably use it for his actual ragdoll physics model but the one I showed is for GMod, so there's not much I can do for collision, as 'jiggle bones' don't use collision at ALL, I have to manually animate them to move when the legs do and then pack that into an automation file called a VRD. I also plan on porting him into some UE4 games so I'll definitely make use of the collision with those. Maybe some Unity stuff too but I don't play many Unity games.

3 hours ago, Dmnslyrx8 said:

ah, well good luck!

I fixed up the eyes a ton and added his corrupted form, now I'm gonna add the extra cloak skins and finish his facials then give him an upload on the workshop, I'm just so glad to finally have a chance to do thisimage.png.707d29faaee204646bd3e716741ecf52.pngimage.png.44ee4b2cef4b4b10296ab15c9221cf67.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2024 at 3:20 AM, DreamingOxxy said:

I fixed up the eyes a ton and added his corrupted form, now I'm gonna add the extra cloak skins and finish his facials then give him an upload on the workshop, I'm just so glad to finally have a chance to do this

Hey, was wondering if you ever uploaded Wander's model anywhere? Cause I can't seem to find it

• 2 weeks later...

Question. I've never touched anything like this before, 95%of everything here is gibberish to me. But I DM (D&D) for friends on tabletop simulator and I want to just get some static Colossi like these from SoTC as figurines for my game, preferably with textures, but I have no idea where to start. Any chance y'all Could point me in the direction of vids to learn how to get the models with textures ready to import as an asset bundle for Tabletop sim?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2024 at 8:05 AM, photrius said:

I want to just get some static Colossi like these from SoTC as figurines for my game, preferably with textures

Then just get the models from the original game, which have been publicly available for many years and easily found as well as used being regular textured .obj's. For your purposes you don't need to go to the trouble of the remake's assets 

On 7/31/2024 at 6:05 PM, photrius said:

Question. I've never touched anything like this before, 95%of everything here is gibberish to me. But I DM (D&D) for friends on tabletop simulator and I want to just get some static Colossi like these from SoTC as figurines for my game, preferably with textures, but I have no idea where to start. Any chance y'all Could point me in the direction of vids to learn how to get the models with textures ready to import as an asset bundle for Tabletop sim?

It might be slightly bothersome to set up, but essentially you'd want to extract the PS4 pkg files and from there you'd want to extract the .psarc files in the game to the same folder as the eboot. Then you can use Aqua Model Tool from Aqua Toolset to extract the models to .fbx and textures to .dds. If you don't care a ton, it may be simpler to get the PS2 models like was said above, but this is an option. It'd be nice to maybe implement .psarc handling to Aqua Model Tool so you can just extract things all in one tool, aside from PS4 stuff, but for now, this is how it goes.

I tried the latest aquatoolset and it is awesome.  Many thanks to Shadow for this tool.  Finally was able to get these models.  However, some textures like the normals and alpha seem to be incorrect.  I must be doing something wrong since the post above showed wander with alpha channel for the hair.  For me, the alpha for wander's hair file does not even open.  I attached some samples and hopefully someone can tell me what the problem is.

wrong normals.zip

10 hours ago, kino said:

I tried the latest aquatoolset and it is awesome.  Many thanks to Shadow for this tool.  Finally was able to get these models.  However, some textures like the normals and alpha seem to be incorrect.  I must be doing something wrong since the post above showed wander with alpha channel for the hair.  For me, the alpha for wander's hair file does not even open.  I attached some samples and hopefully someone can tell me what the problem is.

wrong normals.zip 10.03 MB · 1 download

I was able to open your DDS files with ease, no issues with them on my end at all.
image.thumb.png.bc5f6c7c3cf3a189d2727dbd7ee30ec2.png

For wander's hair, you have to set his alpha mask as an alpha layer to his hair_02_col texture
image.png.ef48fbd7e234daad5ad2fa8aed065f18.png

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know that my samples were extracted correctly.  Since it opened perfectly for you, that means there was something wrong with the software I used to open those dds files.  I tried several software to open those dds files but it is still a mess.  I used photoshop to open it but the normals and alphas both became all black with no image at all.  Used noesis and still didn't work though I screengrab the debug log.  The best option was xnview because at least there was an image that can be seen for the normals.  Though when I tried the alpha hair file a message says DDS: Unknown Type! and will not open.  Strange, only the normals and alphas are giving me problems.  Which software you use to open those dds files?  I screengrab it so you can see what it looks like at my end.  Thanks for any advice I can get.

noesis_normals.png

noesis_alpha.png

xnview_normals1.png

xnview_normals2.png

8 hours ago, Dmnslyrx8 said:

Most likely cause they're BC7 format textures. I use the Intel ads plugin with photoshop to open those formats.

It worked, problem solved.  Thanks man, appreciate the help.