Solo Leveling: Arise .Byte Files

seohyun
Go to solution Solved by Thief1987,

I have little experience with this type of files, could you help me read them correctly? I think it could be encrypted and the actual content be in a json file but I do not know where to start. Can you teach me how to decrypt it? Later I want to do it on my own with other games. I added examples from the files GameData.zip

It's not encrypted. You can clearly see texts by looking at file in hex editor. It's a binary file that needs to be parsed properly.
Try to search for tools/programs that may already suport this file type. If none is available, then you would need to create one yourself by reverse engineering this file format.

1 hour ago, Thief1987 said:

Well, I'm not sure what's the purpose of the Reward.byte file and I don't see any useful info there, but you can unpack TextData.byte with this tool

Where did you find this tool? Or was it made by you?

2 hours ago, seohyun said:

Is it safe to download it? Because Windows detects it as a virus "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml"

My Avast sometimes also detects my golang binaries as viruses, I don't know why this is happening. Seems like something in go's compiler is triggering  this.

https://go.dev/doc/faq#virus

Edited by Thief1987