[PS2] Tokimeki Memorial 3 - Getting Models from eeMemory?

Go to solution Solved by Natsuki Okusawa,

On 4/20/2024 at 5:44 PM, roocker666 said:

There is an extra short in Normals from Untitiled, So SH2 Normals have 3 shorts and Untitled has 4 shorts, fourth short is the problem. I think import_model.py reads the extra short as the start of the next Normal and that creates  a mess. If this is the problem, you need to fix how import_model.py reads Normals but the script is hard to understand.. I can't do more man, sorry.

I've been thinking about this. Would it be possible to get better results if the script were to be modified to skip the extra short 'Untitled' has?

The extra short, along with the '01010001' tag might be somehow related to the cel shading the game uses? I'm just trying to guess.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I just went on and posted an 'issue' regarding this on the GitHub repository of Murugo's script, and they replied and modified the script to support models from this game. (Thanks, Murugo)

https://github.com/Murugo/Misc-Game-Research/issues/9#issuecomment-2084724680

I guess the next thing needed now would be either decompressing those .atp files or a model extractor script for the eeMemory file.

Edit: I'm marking this post as the 'solution', but the credit goes to Murugo. Once again, I would like say thank you to all of you again for taking the time for this. I highly appreciate all of your efforts.

Edited by Natsuki Okusawa
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Natsuki Okusawa said:

I just went on and posted an 'issue' regarding this on the GitHub...

Nice, it was a good idea asking on Murugo's github. You can post those .atp files on "Game aAchive" maybe someone can help you there. The problem with EEmemory.bin is that you need to create a lot of save states because PCSX2 only loads a few models in memory(only those that are on screen).  You can cut models from EEmemory manually like you did with "Untitiled" just search for these bytes: "03 00 FF FF 03 00 00 00 80 00 00 00" Probably EEmemory just loads like 3 or 4 models so it will be easy. 

BTW, a few Castlevania PS2 games use that model format too but those models have more differences. In SH2/3 and TM3 the model version or revision is 03, in Castlevania model version is 06, 07 or 08 can't remember very well, I analyzed those models a few years ago.. Model version appears here; "03 00 FF FF 03 00 00 00 80 00 00 00" first 4 bytes(03 00 FF FF) is  Mesh Identifier or ID, next 4 bytes(03 00 00 00) is model version. So Castlevania games use a newer model version. Interesting, right? lol

Edited by roocker666

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, roocker666 said:

You can post those .atp files on "Game aAchive"

But I feel like it would be more appropriate to post it in the 'Compressed files and methods' section, but unfortunately, it appears like that section is mostly inactive, and I never got replies there so far. 😢

I also did made a thread in the 'Game Archive' section but its about the .bin files and BloodRaynare made an extractor for them, but they mentioned that someone else has to look at the .atp files.

BTW, a few Castlevania PS2 games use that model format too but those models have more differences. In SH2/3 and TM3 the model version or revision is 03, in Castlevania model version is 06, 07 or 08 can't remember very well, I analyzed those models a few years ago.. Model version appears here; "03 00 FF FF 03 00 00 00 80 00 00 00" first 4 bytes(03 00 FF FF) is  Mesh Identifier or ID, next 4 bytes(03 00 00 00) is model version. So Castlevania games use a newer model version. Interesting, right? lol

Yeah, and I guess the same engine was used between the games but with different versions.

You can cut models from EEmemory manually like you did with "Untitiled" just search for these bytes: "03 00 FF FF 03 00 00 00 80 00 00 00" Probably EEmemory just loads like 3 or 4 models so it will be easy.

I guess I wouldn't mind just pulling them out manually, as long as the script can import the models, though automating it would have been nice. I remember that there is a QuickBMS script that extracts model and texture data from Tekken 5 eeMemory and a Noesis script can open them.

Edited by Natsuki Okusawa