How to extract models or other asset from cold_against's .dat file

alin00

Hello everyone, I'm really sorry to bother you all, but I've recently marveled at the clod_against model, and I'd like to ask if such a .dat file is considered unencrypted, and if it is, what is the best way to extract what's inside the .dat6.zip

I've tried assetstudio, but it doesn't read out anything, and I've been doing a lengthy search through the internet for it.

It seems that people's solutions for .dat data files are generally the following:

1.use the noesis plugin?

like:https://reshax.com/topic/633-screamer-4x4/#comment-2813

2.make a quickbms script to do the extraction This one really involves a blind spot in my knowledge.

3.use a specific tool to read it, I understand that unity studio, which is suspected to be the predecessor of asset studio, seems to have the ability to extract .dat files

All in all, after a long time of browsing and searching, I really haven't found a suitable way to solve my problem, and I'd like to thank you all for your help.

3 minutes ago, alin00 said:

Hello everyone, I'm really sorry to bother you all, but I've recently marveled at the clod_against model, and I'd like to ask if such a .dat file is considered unencrypted, and if it is, what is the best way to extract what's inside the .dat6.zip

I've tried assetstudio, but it doesn't read out anything, and I've been doing a lengthy search through the internet for it.

It seems that people's solutions for .dat data files are generally the following:

1.use the noesis plugin?

like:https://reshax.com/topic/633-screamer-4x4/#comment-2813

2.make a quickbms script to do the extraction This one really involves a blind spot in my knowledge.

3.use a specific tool to read it, I understand that unity studio, which is suspected to be the predecessor of asset studio, seems to have the ability to extract .dat files

All in all, after a long time of browsing and searching, I really haven't found a suitable way to solve my problem, and I'd like to thank you all for your help.

I seem to have used up all my uploadable data in an effort to better present the contents of the file, so much so that I haven't sent a picture of the file in 010 editor. I'm sorry, it's my first time using this forum, and I'm not very good at it.

Hello, you could trick around a little bit like so (see pictures).

But since the original data (see "hkxScene" for example) seems being created by Havok tools it's not worth bothering, imho.

You could try adding an hkx header and use a suiting Havok SDK version.

fb065d29-dat.png

d8dbb1b7-dat.png

Edited by shak-otay

43 minutes ago, shak-otay said:

But since the original data (see "hkxScene" for example) seems being created by Havok tools it's not worth bothering, imho.

fb065d29-dat.png

d8dbb1b7-dat.png

Thank you for your help. It means a lot to me.

I'd love to do what you're saying, but I don't seem to know anything about what you're saying. I'm sorry.

And may I ask how you downloaded the tool in your picture?

1 hour ago, shak-otay said:

fb065d29-dat.png

d8dbb1b7-dat.png

okay i found the tool