Identity V Assets (.npk) zlib compression

Go to solution Solved by TeaEffTeu,

18 hours ago, wq223 said:

Has anyone unpacked all the files? I would like to ask which package the game's textures are in?

i've only unpacked the files under the name "chr" but those contain (from what i know) every character model + their textures. very unorganized tho all of them are just random letters n numbers so u gotta look through them one by one to find the right texture

18 hours ago, wq223 said:

Although I don’t know much about the files of Identity V, I have encountered similar situations when I was studying the files of other games. For example, some content could not be found, and later I found out that it was encrypted. I didn’t know Identity V. Is there any encryption? But for some very important files, it will definitely not be so easy to obtain.

they might be encrypted, would explain some of them not showing up

in the case of the hello kitty dream model, it's weird because i can find her head and the purse she has, as well as all her textures, but her body model doesn't show up anywhere ^_^'

On 6/9/2024 at 12:25 AM, aarontaro said:

haii random question if anybody has looked in the files on their free time
have u guys noticed certain costumes just WONT show up? i've noticed that most of night watches costumes dont seem to show up in the ripped files, and same with the hello kitty dream's body?

i dont know if im just super bad at looking thru files but ive gone over them a dozen of times and haven't seen any sign of them 😅

heya! were u able to find info ab this or eventually find emmas files?! i really want the model, but im encountering the same problem. :(

2 hours ago, oblivion said:

首先,非常感谢您提供的工作脚本!

其次,我是否可以以某种方式修改它,以便将其用于将游戏资源重新导入 npk?

If there is no strange detection mechanism, I think I can give it a try

First, thank you so much for the working script!

Second, is it possible for me to modify this somehow so it can be used for reimport of game resources back into npk?

QuickBMS's reimport batch script should work. Though, I haven't tested it recently.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TeaEffTeu said:

QuickBMS's reimport batch script should work. Though, I haven't tested it recently.

It produces an error, but it might be just my problem >_>

image.png

18 hours ago, vioywv said:

heya! were u able to find info ab this or eventually find emmas files?! i really want the model, but im encountering the same problem. 😞

unfortunately no, it might just have to be ninjaripped and rigged by hand until a fix is found

11 hours ago, oblivion said:

It produces an error, but it might be just my problem >_>

image.png

edit cause i realize you're reimporting files..ignore this!

Edited by aarontaro
idk how to delete messages
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2024 at 5:01 PM, TeaEffTeu said:

Hmm, a dedicated reimport script will have to be made then.

sorry for such the late reply! but has there been any advancements with reimport? a lot of the animation files are in the npks, but cant be viewed without using neoX

I'm having trouble unpacking npk files from the game Onmyoji Arena with nxpk_v0.4.2.bms; does it support these files? Additionally, when I use quickbms to open npk files, I can't seem to retain the original filenames, which is important to me. Later, I managed to open the Onmyoji Arena npk files using neox_tools-master (https://github.com/zhouhang95/neox_tools), but the .mesh format inside is causing me problems—I can't open them properly. I've tried various scripts to convert them into formats like obj or pmx that I'm familiar with, but when opened, the UVs, bones, and textures are all incorrect, which is very frustrating. I'd appreciate your help. I can provide samples of the npk files from Onmyoji Arena, I want to know how to correctly open and handle them.

samples.7z.001.7z

18 hours ago, lvtiansama said:

我无法使用 nxpk_v0.4.2.bms 解压《Onmyoji Arena》游戏的 npk 文件;它支持这些文件吗?此外,当我使用 quickbms 打开 npk 文件时,似乎无法保留原始文件名,这对我来说很重要。后来,我设法使用 neox_tools-master (https://github.com/zhouhang95/neox_tools) 打开了《Onmyoji Arena》npk 文件,但里面的 .mesh 格式给我带来了问题——我无法正确打开它们。我尝试了各种脚本将它们转换为我熟悉的 obj 或 pmx 格式,但打开后,UV、骨骼和纹理都是不正确的,这非常令人沮丧。非常感谢您的帮助。我可以提供《Onmyoji Arena》npk 文件的示例,我想知道如何正确打开和处理它们。

样本.7z.001.7z 20 兆 · 1 次下载

Have you tried the program RMAViewer? As far as I know, this tool should be able to open and convert most mesh files generated by the neox engine and convert them to other formats.

5 hours ago, wq223 said:

您尝试过 RMAViewer 程序吗?据我所知,这个工具应该能够打开和转换 neox 引擎生成的大部分网格文件,并将它们转换为其他格式。

Thank you for your response. I tried RMAViewer, which, like neox_tools-master, helped me convert the models into OBJ format. However, when using Blender, the UVs were still incorrect. Today, I opened the model files in Maya, and Maya was able to correctly read the UVs, which helped solve this problem. Thank you very much for your assistance.

7 hours ago, wq223 said:

Have you tried the program RMAViewer? As far as I know, this tool should be able to open and convert most mesh files generated by the neox engine and convert them to other formats.

Alright, I've encountered a new issue. I've noticed that the images (textures) unpacked from the npk files are incomplete; I can't find all the corresponding textures. Perhaps there's a problem with the unpacking script?

2 hours ago, lvtiansama said:

Alright, I've encountered a new issue. I've noticed that the images (textures) unpacked from the npk files are incomplete; I can't find all the corresponding textures. Perhaps there's a problem with the unpacking script?

If the textures seem incomplete, make sure to look through all related archives. I suggest to continue using zhouhang95's neox_tools-master for unpacking Onmyoji Arena archives.

On 8/17/2024 at 9:51 AM, oblivion said:

sorry for such the late reply! but has there been any advancements with reimport? a lot of the animation files are in the npks, but cant be viewed without using neoX

Sorry, but no. The reimport script hasn't been a priority for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TeaEffTeu said:

抱歉,不行。重新导入脚本对我来说并不是首要任务。

Hello boss, can you take a look at this script? Although this script is not written for Identity V, it can be used to decrypt the script.npk file of Identity V.
First use the nxpk script to decompress the script.npk file, re-run quickbms and select the script.bms script. Here I directly select all the decompressed files and prepare a new folder. The decrypted files are pyc script files, most of which The text is embedded inside
If someone is willing to reverse engineer their opcode, it should be possible to decompile it into a py file.
Tried Onmyoji's decompilation script but failed

Now I'm wondering if the decryption functionality can be integrated into the nxpk script

Some script examples.zip script.zip

11 hours ago, TeaEffTeu said:

如果纹理看起来不完整,请务必查看所有相关的存档。我建议继续使用 zhouhang95 的 neox_tools-master 来解压 Onmyoji Arena 档案。

I found the corresponding XML file for the model I wanted, which records texture information. Many texture directories point to `hero\1093_huajing.npk`, the file I unpacked, but the numbers don't match up. Other textures point to files that I couldn't find, but from their naming conventions, they seem more like scene textures rather than textures used on character models. So I suspect that some files were not correctly extracted during the unpacking process.

`hero\1093_huajing.npk` contains 8 models, but there are only 62 textures, which could only make up around 8 material spheres, while a single model would typically require more than one material. This clearly doesn't add up.

微信截图_20240824132148.png

On 2024/6/3 at AM3点40分, ClownFvx said:

我在哪里可以找到信件?我到处都找不到生日信件!😞非常感谢您的帮助。 

You can use this script to decrypt Identity V’s script.npk file

The premise is that the nxpk_v0.4.0.bms script has been used to extract the files in script.npk

The parsed file is a pyc script with most of the text embedded in it

script.zip

• 2 weeks later...

最近,尝试收听 neox2 声音文件导致它们被损坏...我曾经通过 foobar 收听,但那个也不再起作用了。

最近,尝试收听 neox2 声音文件导致它们被损坏...我曾经通过 foobar 收听,但那个也不再起作用了。

Send a sample file and instructions and maybe someone will take a look

• 2 weeks later...