Identity V Assets (.npk) zlib compression

Go to solution Solved by TeaEffTeu,

34 minutes ago, Furaex said:

Hello, identity v has recently been updated with a new engine. After exporting, the file format is X-4. Is there any solution? Do you have a backup of the old version?

Please ensure that you are using v0.4.3 of the archive extraction script. Any earlier versions do not support the encryption that came with the NeoX 2 engine update.

On 6/10/2024 at 8:37 AM, vioywv said:

heya! were u able to find info ab this or eventually find emmas files?! i really want the model, but im encountering the same problem. 😞

unfortunately, i could never figure out the issue. i have reason to believe its something related to RMAViewer and not the bms script itself. we'll just have to wait and see if someone makes an alternative to RMAViewer and see if ripping becomes easier lol

i could only ninjarip the hello kitty emma sadly so you'll have to manually rig stuff

On 9/15/2024 at 2:59 AM, TeaEffTeu said:

Please ensure that you are using v0.4.3 of the archive extraction script. Any earlier versions do not support the encryption that came with the NeoX 2 engine update.

While the script does help extracting the npk files, the dat files inside are not loadable in RMA anymore. Maybe a few load, if at all. This goes for the CHR NPK files. Any idea how to open them or maybe a new bms script is needed?

1 hour ago, Minako said:

While the script does help extracting the npk files, the dat files inside are not loadable in RMA anymore. Maybe a few load, if at all. This goes for the CHR NPK files. Any idea how to open them or maybe a new bms script is needed?

RMAViewer cannot load the new model version, you can try using https://github.com/zhouhang95/neox_tools to view the models.

5 minutes ago, TeaEffTeu said:

RMAViewer cannot load the new model version, you can try using https://github.com/zhouhang95/neox_tools to view the models.

Yes, I've already tried that before making my earlier post, and none of the dat files can be converted to iqe anymore either. I just keep getting errors, whereas before, it always worked. I'm guessing it's because that github tool is for the previous engine version and not for Neox2 unfortunately. In case I'm doing something wrong, are you able to open the new dat files with the github tool? Otherwise, I feel this is a lost cause unless someone makes a better RMA or an updated Neox2 tool 

7 minutes ago, Minako said:

Yes, I've already tried that before making my earlier post, and none of the dat files can be converted to iqe anymore either. I just keep getting errors, whereas before, it always worked. I'm guessing it's because that github tool is for the previous engine version and not for Neox2 unfortunately. In case I'm doing something wrong, are you able to open the new dat files with the github tool? Otherwise, I feel this is a lost cause unless someone makes a better RMA or an updated Neox2 tool 

The tool is unstable. It works sometimes, but it crashes for reasons I don't understand. I don't think it's an issue with the new engine; I've opened models of the same version from other games, and they cause the tool to behave similarly.

14 minutes ago, TeaEffTeu said:

The tool is unstable. It works sometimes, but it crashes for reasons I don't understand. I don't think it's an issue with the new engine; I've opened models of the same version from other games, and they cause the tool to behave similarly.

Strange. I've never had issues with the tool. It has never crashed for me, and it has converted dat files perfectly on the previous Neox engine. Whenever I try the new dat files from Neox 2 though, every single one of them give me an error and just cannot be converted. I've tried dat files from two npk's and they're all impossible now. That's why I'm assuming this is due to Neox 2 engine because I've never had issues beforehand using python, but now suddenly every single new dat file just errors out and can't be converted.

3 minutes ago, Minako said:

Strange. I've never had issues with the tool. It has never crashed for me, and it has converted dat files perfectly on the previous Neox engine. Whenever I try the new dat files from Neox 2 though, every single one of them give me an error and just cannot be converted. I've tried dat files from two npk's and they're all impossible now. That's why I'm assuming this is due to Neox 2 engine because I've never had issues beforehand using python, but now suddenly every single new dat file just errors out and can't be converted.

All existing models have been updated to use the new model version. The tool does not fully support it which is why you've been experiencing these problems. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until the tool is updated to support the new models.

• Like 1