Ghost of Tsushima PC - PSARC archive

PC version of PS exclusive just released.
The differences between PS4 version is that everything is packed in PSARC archives.

Samples

gapack_xxx and lang_xxx archives starts with DSAR header, while music_xxx archives headers start with PSAR zlib.

10 hours ago, FunnyML said:

In addition, the music psarc's have a PSAR header and can be extracted with a QuickBMS script (the Brink PSARC one, I think).

this works for music archives, extracts them to wems

6 hours ago, LinkOFF said:

Try this to decompress DSAR. But I'm not sure if this works correctly.

dsar_dec.zip 7 kB · 7 downloads

this decompress psarc with DSAR header (drag archive on exe to unpack)
and then Brink.bms unpacks resulted .dec archive to files (textures, sps file extension with XTBS header, that's goes to another topic in 3d models/textures threads)

thanks for help guys, if you not against it, I could share it in GoT modding discord server 😁

3 hours ago, DKDave said:

I couldn't get the above .exe to work.  Here's a QuickBMS script which *should* work for both DSAR and PSAR

psarc.zip 664 B · 15 downloads

Your script also works!
Initially I though it hanged, but I forgor 💀that big archives also were decrypting in ram
unpacked small archive (160 mb) without problem
biggest (3.91 GB) still unpacking 😅

Posted (edited)

I came across your post and found it quite helpful. However, I have a specific request. I’m looking to replace the Arabic subtitles with Persian ones in a game. Within the gapack_misc_p.psarc file, I located a pgc_lang_arabic_dummy_file which I extracted using the psarc.zip script provided by @DKDave Unfortunately, this pgc_lang_arabic_dummy_file doesn’t seem to have a recognizable format, and I’m unsure how to modify it. Could anyone guide me on how to edit this file to change the subtitles?

Edited by dany hero
wrong mention

Posted (edited)

Any way to unpack these .sps archive files ?
Probably means Sucker Punch Studio, so I would guess it's an archive format for their game engine.

So we can hopefully edit the 3d models, textures, etc.

edit : https://forum.xen-tax.com/viewtopic.php@p=169266.html

This tool lets you get 3d models with skeleton and textures

Only works for 20 NPC, and probably not with PC version, idk

Edited by NielsGx

8 hours ago, dany hero said:

I came across your post and found it quite helpful. However, I have a specific request. I’m looking to replace the Arabic subtitles with Persian ones in a game. Within the gapack_misc_p.psarc file, I located a pgc_lang_arabic_dummy_file which I extracted using the psarc.zip script provided by @DKDave Unfortunately, this pgc_lang_arabic_dummy_file doesn’t seem to have a recognizable format, and I’m unsure how to modify it. Could anyone guide me on how to edit this file to change the subtitles?

Can you tell me where the game's language file is?

Posted (edited)

I cannot unpack archives that are above ~600mb with both scripts above

`gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc` (3.2GB)

- Hang infinitely with DKDave script

- Found 0 files in ,dec with LinkOFF app

Decompressing DSAR...
0001  00000000e6250000 00000000002aab2e ¡-ð~hAjÛÛÙ░H)!*óHff.Eð_9çÀ'á¢Hz
é░F■■Ì\@

- 0 files found in 1 seconds
  coverage file 0     0%   338391     4281802094 . offset 000000000000003e
  coverage file -1  100%!  364522     182261     . offset 000000000002c7f5

Edited by NielsGx

4 hours ago, NielsGx said:

I cannot unpack archives that are above ~600mb with both scripts above

`gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc` (3.2GB)

- Hang infinitely with DKDave script

- Found 0 files in ,dec with LinkOFF app

Decompressing DSAR...
0001  00000000e6250000 00000000002aab2e ¡-ð~hAjÛÛÙ░H)!*óHff.Eð_9çÀ'á¢Hz
é░F■■Ì\@

- 0 files found in 1 seconds
  coverage file 0     0%   338391     4281802094 . offset 000000000000003e
  coverage file -1  100%!  364522     182261     . offset 000000000002c7f5

You need to drop psarc file on exe. I have every single psarc uncompressed with dsar_dec.exe
Can use batch file to decompress them all:

for %%T IN (*.psarc) do "I:\Downloads\dsar_dec.exe" "%%T"
pause

Now, I have tried to unpack all those *.dec files using Quickbms Brink script - it doesn't support *.dec files above 2GB. Tried this with 4gb quickbms exe too.
Language archives not supported at all, they have different structure (and header).
gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc.dec have its own specific error and does not unpack any files, even content table (00000000000000000000000000000000.txt)

I have attached all examples of big files: language pack, gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc and smallest psarc file >2GB that doesn't completely unpacks
gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc
gapack_bitmaps_g.psarc
lang_japanese_audio.psarc

11 hours ago, Kayhotic said:

anyone know about the sps files? how to go about converting them?

I'll open separate threads for textures and models...

I've noticed that in the larger archives, such as gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc, there are some blocks with a zsize of 0.  These seem to indicate that there should be a block of 0-byte padding equivalent to the size value, which neither my QuickBMS script or LinkOff's exe seem to account for.

QuickBMS isn't great for larger archives, so I've rewritten my script in Python, which is a lot more efficient and takes less than 30 seconds to unpack a 3.2 GB compressed archive

Note: this just decompresses the archive, it doesn't extract the data files - if needed I'll do a better script for those.

psarc.py

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DKDave said:

I've noticed that in the larger archives, such as gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc, there are some blocks with a zsize of 0.  These seem to indicate that there should be a block of 0-byte padding equivalent to the size value, which neither my QuickBMS script or LinkOff's exe seem to account for.

QuickBMS isn't great for larger archives, so I've rewritten my script in Python, which is a lot more efficient and takes less than 30 seconds to unpack a 3.2 GB compressed archive

Note: this just decompresses the archive, it doesn't extract the data files - if needed I'll do a better script for those.

psarc.py 1.31 kB · 7 downloads

thanks, this uncompress whole game PSARCs, including language packs (and Brink.bms then unpacks everything)
for people like me, who experienced problem while installing lz4 package in python shell: locate pip.exe in your python installation folder manually. open command line shell in this folder and run pip install lz4

5 hours ago, zerlkung said:

NoobInCoding update tool Support Ghost of Tsushima

UnPSARC V2.0

this fails at extracting big archives like gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc

Edited by isshininu

10 hours ago, isshininu said:

You need to drop psarc file on exe. I have every single psarc uncompressed with dsar_dec.exe
Can use batch file to decompress them all:

for %%T IN (*.psarc) do "I:\Downloads\dsar_dec.exe" "%%T"
pause

Now, I have tried to unpack all those *.dec files using Quickbms Brink script - it doesn't support *.dec files above 2GB. Tried this with 4gb quickbms exe too.
Language archives not supported at all, they have different structure (and header).
gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc.dec have its own specific error and does not unpack any files, even content table (00000000000000000000000000000000.txt)

I have attached all examples of big files: language pack, gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc and smallest psarc file >2GB that doesn't completely unpacks
gapack_bitmaps_c.psarc
gapack_bitmaps_g.psarc
lang_japanese_audio.psarc

I'll open separate threads for textures and models...

appreciate brother. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, isshininu said:

thanks, this uncompress whole game PSARCs, including language packs (and Brink.bms then unpacks everything)
for people like me, who experienced problem while installing lz4 package in python shell: locate pip.exe in your python installation folder manually. open command line shell in this folder and run pip install lz4

May I ask, which file in the game folder is the language file located in? Is it the file lang_english_audio.psarc?

Edited by vphuong

10 hours ago, isshininu said:

You can report issues and attach sample file in git sir.

5 hours ago, NoobInCoding said:

I made some changes to my tool and it can now unpack/pack All archives

🙏ty ty
also saw on nexusmods fork of your program. made for ghost of tsushima.
There are now so many ways to unpack the game, and even pack it back, and game load modified originals and custom psarcs in alphabet order just fine, it seems