Coraline (wii) .wii file format

Rypie109
Go to solution Solved by Durik256,

On 7/2/2024 at 5:10 AM, roocker666 said:

I extracted some models from Wii files years ago but I used Model Researcher. It was hard to find each model because there are A LOT of meshes, so I just extracted like 3 or 4 including this unused model, it is like one of those prototype models from the movie. On the left is that unused model, the other images are from a "making of" video and a statue(Info about that statue here

By the way, Durik's script reads UV's without problem, you just need to detach specific parts of the model according to textures.

coraline.png

Actually, I just realised, I used ninja ripper to get textures (when I was still using ninja ripper for mesh) but since that model isnt used in game, how did you get the textures for it?

2 hours ago, Rypie109 said:

how did you get the textures for it?

I think I used Console Texture Explorer on PS2 texture file but you need to navigate through the entire file to find the texture because I don't remember the exact position(this was a few years ago). There are A LOT of textures in that file so it is hard to find specific textures, lol.

3 hours ago, diegozmei said:

i'm sorry Coraline wii file  Noesis  scripts FIXED !! fmt_wii.Py? texture

What are you saying!?

14 hours ago, roocker666 said:

I think I used Console Texture Explorer on PS2 texture file but you need to navigate through the entire file to find the texture because I don't remember the exact position(this was a few years ago). There are A LOT of textures in that file so it is hard to find specific textures, lol.

I mean, it might be easier than manually going through .txd files that can only be opened one 1 one lol

• 2 weeks later...

@Durik256 Hey, I know this is an old thread, but I have a quick question. I overlooked the fact that your plugin exports .dat from all files, and I decided to go back and check them, and I realized that your tool actually exports real data segments, and not just random chunks. I jokingly decided to check if one of my py scripts that turns a section of hex (30 81 80 00 to =hex digit before the next 30 81 80 00=) and splits each of that hex section to another file, then converts it to png, would work with converting a .dat file from your tool in the extracted _t.wii file. It did. Which leads me to ask, how did you know what the correct data segments for all files actually were? Its hard to explain in writing, and I apologize for the grammar. I am still working on this project, and am recruiting some helpers to squeeze everything we can from these files, including getting rigs with correct weights, auto applying textures to correct models, getting full levels extracted, parsing the .ds files in the script folders, and getting animations. Basically, were decompiling the entire game. Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...