Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (PC version) (.xpps .xmesh)

NielsGx

Posted (edited)

People on "ModdingHaven" and "GoT modding" discord servers are stuck trying to understand .xpps and .xmesh files

Here's a sample of a few files

There's a tool from XeNTaX website that can read these, but it seems to only work for the PS4 version. You can only get it from their Discord server now, but I uploaded it here as an attachement.

It's just a .exe with no source code sadly

Right now we can export textures (.sps) thanks to this Neosis plugin to .dds or other formats

(You first need to unpack the game psarc archives with GoT Extractor)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Tsushima.rar

Edited by NielsGx

• NielsGx changed the title to Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (PC version) (.xpps .xmesh)

thanks for opening topic, I was too busy

The way how daemon's PS4 GoT tool works, is that it takes skeleton from skeleton xpps (for example, hero.xpps) and then adds all referenced armor meshes *.xmesh from "meshes" folder.

• Like 1

It is a bit tricky to get all the parts, but there is a file table pointing to each submesh.  It's just a case of parsing it properly as it doesn't always seem to work, but here's all the parts from hero_ghost_armor:

image.png.643675b313e458cf0e9ca0334481cf32.png

• Like 2

I used Model Researcher and for Type the Short_sig but its very hard to find the beginning of the model like i said before. I think I got 1 result but with many holes and was pretty fucked up. 

image.png.2364f195c752f634dc5321d6a2bf8197.png

5 hours ago, Dave2006 said:

I used Model Researcher and for Type the Short_sig but its very hard to find the beginning of the model like i said before. I think I got 1 result but with many holes and was pretty fucked up. 

Without the parameters inserted into MR noone can tell what the problem might be.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks but I'll leave that to the professionals, analyzing hex code is not my thing. I'll make some new Katana models in blender and hopefully I can convert them to xmesh soon.

Edited by Dave2006

Can you upload the exported .obj models somewhere? I want to try to import them into blender add the .sps textures over them and edit these textures over the model and export then the editet textures back to the game. So its easier to make good looking textures and add decals ...

Thanks

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave2006 said:

Can you upload the exported .obj models somewhere?

Well, it's not a model delivery forum.😁

Trying to make some tool (seems there's up to 9 lods for the coat at least.)

Some weird stuff, too. Not sure, whether I should leave it as is.

Samurai_armor.png

Samurai_armor_b.png

Edited by shak-otay
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, shak-otay said:

Well, it's not a model delivery forum.😁

Trying to make some tool (seems there's up to 9 lods for the coat at least.)

Some weird stuff, too. Not sure, whether I should leave it as is.

Samurai_armor.png

Samurai_armor_b.png

hey i wanted to ask you one question its not related to ghost of tshushima i am reversing a simple model file found vertex buffer also found the starting section of face indices i use model researcher but when i input the offset to face indices it always gives error of mismatch vertices u can see in the pic provided the format is soo simple in the decoded text its mentioned index buffer if u want i can send u the file as well if u help me i will be really obliged also if ur on discord do share ur id, thanks

Screenshot 2024-05-23 205804.png

Screenshot 2024-05-23 210226.png