Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut (PC version) (.xpps .xmesh)

NielsGx

shak-otay have you already the ropes from some skins and can you see which texture belongs to them? Because no one can find these rope textures in the files 😞

Its the hero_samurai_rank2 skin

Screenshot(35).thumb.png.7db0f713fdd6994db4e9c08a986972ad.pngScreenshot(36).thumb.png.0ce78bb16ac9ace07501643b8782429c.png 

8 minutes ago, Dave2006 said:

shak-otay have you already the ropes from some skins and can you see which texture belongs to them? Because no one can find these rope textures in the files 😞

Its the hero_samurai_rank2 skin

Screenshot(35).thumb.png.7db0f713fdd6994db4e9c08a986972ad.pngScreenshot(36).thumb.png.0ce78bb16ac9ace07501643b8782429c.png 

they might be using shared textures, here is a screenshot of ps4 textures i extracted some time ago their names might be helpful.

Untitled-2.png

The problem is the file is hero_samurai_orange_rope is the texture for every rope in the game no matter what color, i found some hex color codes files:image.png.9163ff67ea4fcd2a3f710de011332e9d.png

But none of this color codes is dark blue most of them are red colored or black.

On 5/22/2024 at 1:12 PM, shak-otay said:

Using hex2obj - this format is not too hard (uvs start: 0x1d0f5c, size UVB:  20), uvs half floats:

shimura_H2O.png

shimura_head_uvs.png

i tried to use the same offsets as u provided in the pic in model researcher also the file that i open in model researcher is "hero_head.xmesh" which contain Jin head model so the model researcher gives me error idk why i used the same offsets as u showed plus i choose the same type for vertices as shorts as u said and faces as short too but still it gives error can u please guide me thanks.

Screenshot 2024-05-25 010040.png

hero_head.rar

58 minutes ago, shak-otay said:

I used shimura's head, not hero_head.

i dont get this i used shimura_head.xmesh this time and type the same offsets and saw something weird its giving me error plus i saw that the vertex buffer is place with in face indices section i have provided the pic you can see what i am doing wrong

Screenshot 2024-05-25 023608.png

1 hour ago, shak-otay said:

Please don't create a post for every single question, to maintain this thread readable!

You can edit posts.

uvs' address should be vertexAddr+ vertexCount * 16, or something like this.

i got an idea from the shimura model this time i conducted my research on hero_head.xmesh i the sections i found were having some similarity with the shimura model and i came across 2 pattrens for faces and vertices but both had no result and was error i even tried padding vertices still error so can u help me out regarding the hero_head.xmesh i have also provided the pics and model file too if someone want to look for

Screenshot 2024-05-25 050258.png

Screenshot 2024-05-25 050357.png

hero_head.rar

Posted (edited)

Here is a set of H2O files for Shimura's armor. The creation of obj files may not be to everyone's taste but that's what I can provide.

You'll need the newest version of hex2obj for this. Read '...multiple_H2O.txt' in the zip.

hex2obj, v 0.25

Use File\SaveAs Mmesh (saving of single H2O files is not supported so far for xmesh because the required code change is not a 15 minutes job).

H2o files appended here. Didn't check all uvs. For some an uvbSize of 20 instead of 4 might be required.)

(Tool for creation of H2O files still under development.)

edit: updated the zip with H2O files

Shimura's_armor.png

shimura_samurai_armor.xmesh_H2O.zip

Edited by shak-otay
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

Since writing the .xmesh format is not possible yet,i guess our best shot would be making a mesh injector for existing .xmesh files,i'm not aware of anyone that's working on a mesh injector also idk how it will work for skeletal .xmesh files since obj cant contain skin data.

Edited by sw-emre

I dont know but we could try to ask a former GoT developer the chances are low they will help us or are even allowed (im 99% sure they arent) to help us but if they can help would safe a lot of time. It's worth a try hahaahha

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Dave2006 said:

Any news on converting .obj back to .xmesh so far?

You'll need a full format description/specification for such.

And do you know how many lods the models have?

For example Shimura's armor contains 11 vests (upper body) afaics.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I've updated the H2O-zip in my post of last saturday. Meshes are correct now. Please report if there's missing something.

Didn't check all 543 uvs in blender, of course, 

If the uv map of a sub mesh appears to be empty just scroll out (scaling factor in model data?) 

Blender indicates that the belt's uvs have an offset which is a little bit strange, too. Here's the view in hex2obj:

(keep in mind that saving of H2Os of xmesh type isn't possible so far. So you've to edit them manually if required.)

Mesh_408-H2O_466.png

Edited by shak-otay
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Good to hear. And yes, should be the lods. If you'd collect all meshes of one lod "level" and told me their numbers, .._1, .._17 or the like I could try to name them accordingly, if possible.

Edited by shak-otay

I can do this but the lods are also very important because of the lod textures (like the problem with the texture on the ropes) so its nice you included them here in the post👍 But maybe for retexturing the model in Quixel the clean version would be better so i can collect the lods tonight