Beyond Good and Evil - 20th Anniversary Edition (*.pak / BPAK)

Go to solution Solved by ikskoks,

ikskoks, thank you for your reply. I have provided files from the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

The sound data for this game is WWise and isn't compressed. The texture data for the Nintendo Switch version is saved in a single 3GB Resources.pak which is a considerable size to upload.

Thank you for your further reply, I shall certainly check out this resource you have provided.

• Like 1

Hi, the scripts works for all files but the textures Resources.pak. Even the non-compressed wwise audio paks are unpacked correctly with this script. The script believes that  Resources.pak is corrupt/incomplete, however I rechecked after re-dumping the RomFS of the game using Ryujinx to make sure that it wasn't user error.

I have attached the resources.pak file below:

https://gofile.io/d/5L0pHw

If you have the time, please may you take a look at this file. Thank you!

On 6/27/2024 at 3:52 AM, Lilothestitch16 said:

I have samples from the PC Version if anyone wants to look.

I've checked your sample. It seems to be the same format as in the Switch version, so my script worked fine with it.

On 6/27/2024 at 4:43 AM, Lilothestitch16 said:

Is it possible to make a script to extract those bin files?

No. Those are data files. For example some of them are WAV files and if you'll change extension from BIN to WAV, then you will be able to play audio in Media Player Classic.

2 minutes ago, ikskoks said:

I've checked your sample. It seems to be the same format as in the Switch version, so my script worked fine with it.

No. Those are data files. For example some of them are WAV files and if you'll change extension from BIN to WAV, then you will be able to play audio in Media Player Classic.

Did you say .wav file? I thought there would be models in there or something.

On 6/28/2024 at 6:33 PM, ikskoks said:

Yes, WAV files. Archive is called "Resources" and it has over 8GB, so for sure it has all kind of assets.

You can use total commander method to search for "RIFF" signature if you want to check it yourself
https://ikskoks.pl/searching-text-strings-using-total-commander/

I see. I will look more into this.

Edited by Lilothestitch16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...