The Tool to extract pak form PS2 SNK JAP Game Metal Slug 3D?

Model files are inside "all.afs" so open that with AFS Explorer or a similar tool. You will see a lot of .pak files, playable characters are pl01.pak, pl02.pak, pl03.pak etc. so export some of those and then use that quickbms script to extract the content of each .pak, extracted files don't have names. You need to rename them to .dff, .TXD and .anm so open each file on Hex editor to check the format. This game was made with Renderware

On 7/16/2024 at 4:49 PM, roocker666 said:

Model files are inside "all.afs" so open that with AFS Explorer or a similar tool. You will see a lot of .pak files, playable characters are pl01.pak, pl02.pak, pl03.pak etc. so export some of those and then use that quickbms script to extract the content of each .pak, extracted files don't have names. You need to rename them to .dff, .TXD and .anm so open each file on Hex editor to check the format. This game was made with Renderware

Am I confused? Are you talking about another script or even one that I will use?

3 hours ago, erickkingofarmy14 said:

Am I confused? Are you talking about another script or even one that I will use?

Use the script that you posted:  https://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/metal_slug_3d.bms on .pak files

Sort files by size, usually files with bigger size are meshes or textures. Open those on Hex editor, meshes start with bytes 10 00 00 00 and textures with bytes 16 00 00 00 00, then edit the name of the file: if it is mesh rename to xxxx.dff, if it is texture file rename to xxxx.TXD 

Like this:

metalslug_mesh.PNG

metalslug_texture.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 7/21/2024 at 12:13 AM, roocker666 said:

Sort files by size, usually files with bigger size are meshes or textures. Open those on Hex editor, meshes start with bytes 10 00 00 00 and textures with bytes 16 00 00 00 00, then edit the name of the file: if it is mesh rename to xxxx.dff, if it is texture file rename to xxxx.TXD 

Like this:

metalslug_mesh.PNG

metalslug_texture.PNG

I found texture like this but mesh show this 

EN65.PNG

Sem título.PNG

Edited by erickkingofarmy14
add one image and texts