Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) MNEB files.

tetra5

Kirby's Epic Yarn is a very huge game with a little of it being unraveled internally. From what I can tell the game handles the yarn by using NURBS curves, I saw this image a few months back and it supports my theory as both Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Woolly World were made by the same developer. I don't know coding or file structure, but my theory is that it uses a NURBS curve (MNEB file) and then switches to one with more points along the curve when it needs to. I put a zip full of enemy data from the game that isn't just MNEB files, if anyone has the time to analyze them and possibly convert them.

yoshi-2-1.jpg

example.zip

Edited by tetra5

1 hour ago, shak-otay said:

Try brawlbox for bres. Textures displayed; didn't check for mesh objects:

KirbysEpicYarn-bres.png

Select open folder instead of just opening a single brres, and you'll see the like connections between mneb and such. You can get most models, but as of now it's not currently possible to get curve data which is why I made the thread.

1 hour ago, tetra5 said:

Select open folder instead of just opening a single brres, and you'll see the like connections between mneb and such. You can get most models, but as of now it's not currently possible to get curve data which is why I made the thread.

So then why didn't you tell that you know of brawlbox?

This is the point where I loose interest in helping any further.

Good luck.

Edited by shak-otay
  • Like 1