Alan Wake 2

michalss

10 hours ago, Mike2023 said:

I redid the script logic, it took a little brain power... 🫡 
The script now runs somewhat, you can leave it like that for now. Have fun with it! 😊

AW2_search_offsets_us_v3.zip 6.75 kB · 2 downloads

Gonna have to look into integrating this version into the addon next, thank you! Will hopefully have some news to share soon in regards to that 😄

On 3/19/2024 at 5:29 AM, riverence said:

Gonna have to look into integrating this version into the addon next, thank you! Will hopefully have some news to share soon in regards to that 😄

There are still a few errors in the search script v3, some vertex sizes do not yet fit a few meshes. I have my standard loader here with some current offsets to test. Different meshes are loaded without any major problems, but please pay attention to the settings in the script.

Edit: File deleted. Please look for the last post

Edited by Mike2023

On 3/24/2024 at 5:45 PM, bladers said:

Would love to get my hands on the 3d model of the cars in the game (Especially the cop car and truck)

Do you mean the fbi_vehicle and the pickup_2 or the minibus? No problem, the fbi_vehicle consists of several separate meshes. I'll find the offsets for you. 🙂

4 hours ago, Mike2023 said:

Do you mean the fbi_vehicle and the pickup_2 or the minibus? No problem, the fbi_vehicle consists of several separate meshes. I'll find the offsets for you. 🙂

Here are the ones i would love and in the order i would most want them.. Thanks a million!

1) The sheriff sedan in bright falls

ron-frolich-sedan-08.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

2) The flat bed in bright falls

ron-frolich-pickup-truck-06.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

3) The van

ron-frolich-van-04.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

The fbi car would also be nice.

Edited by bladers

On 3/27/2024 at 12:00 AM, bladers said:

Here are the ones i would love and in the order i would most want them.. Thanks a million!

1) The sheriff sedan in bright falls

ron-frolich-sedan-08.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

2) The flat bed in bright falls

ron-frolich-pickup-truck-06.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

3) The van

ron-frolich-van-04.jpg (1920×1080) (artstation.com)

The fbi car would also be nice.

@bladers, Is not a problem, I have the entire FBI vehicle for you here. I look at the others right away. 🙂

@riverence, I found a new file type again, please look at fbi_vehicle_steering_wheel, had to set fixed offsets there. So everything is really included in the files, there is no standard solution for your import script. 🤔

Edit:

What I found out about these files is that the construction of the UV, the vertices and faces follow the Lods. Original structure e.g. of Lod5 = UV -> Vertices -Faces and this now UV = Lod5 -> Lod0 -> Vertices = Lod5 -> Lod0 -> Faces = Lod5 -> Lod0.

I am currently writing a logic for this structure. A script then comes! 🙂

Edited by Mike2023
  • Like 1

Here is a new version which can now process files with staggered data blocks. There are also some other functions in it that could be used later to automate the script. Logically, some new offsets for User bladers! 😊

Edited by Mike2023
  • Like 1

Getting this error when trying to import alan_wake_scratch_publish_physx.binfbx using the Blender import/export addon script. Opened the script up in Notepad++ but can't see any reason why it wouldn't import (my knowledge of Python is limited though). Has anyone else had any luck importing that particular binfbx file with the tool?

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 1026, in main
    skel_infos = read_skel_data(skel, file)
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 671, in read_skel_data
    weightname, wlength = read_sofl(mesh)
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 565, in read_sofl
    string = file.read(length).decode('utf-8')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x85 in position 4: invalid start byte

18 hours ago, ZyrDraconic said:

Getting this error when trying to import alan_wake_scratch_publish_physx.binfbx using the Blender import/export addon script. Opened the script up in Notepad++ but can't see any reason why it wouldn't import (my knowledge of Python is limited though). Has anyone else had any luck importing that particular binfbx file with the tool?

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 1026, in main
    skel_infos = read_skel_data(skel, file)
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 671, in read_skel_data
    weightname, wlength = read_sofl(mesh)
  File "C:\Users\Zyr\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_binfbx\__init__.py", line 565, in read_sofl
    string = file.read(length).decode('utf-8')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x85 in position 4: invalid start byte

is the corresponding .binskeleton file in the same directory, or in the directory structure specified by the addon options? are you using the latest update from the github repo? i haven't worked on the project in a while, but as far as i'm aware that model imports (or, imported) fine for me

51 minutes ago, riverence said:

is the corresponding .binskeleton file in the same directory, or in the directory structure specified by the addon options? are you using the latest update from the github repo? i haven't worked on the project in a while, but as far as i'm aware that model imports (or, imported) fine for me

I've tried it with both the .binskeleton in the same file and with the directory structure. Tried the latest release and the most recent commit version. The most recent commit will import the model without a rig fine, but throws the same error when import rig is selected. Tried a few other models with no issues, error only pops up for this one

• 3 weeks later...

Any ETA or idea on when we will be able to import any mesh (non human)? things like doors, carpet, trash can, road, street lamps, signs, chairs, boxes, fence, trees, etc

or can I just use the script and find the offsets to each file that I want?

is the imhex debugger still needed at this point? 

On 4/30/2024 at 6:02 PM, bladers said:

Any ETA or idea on when we will be able to import any mesh (non human)? things like doors, carpet, trash can, road, street lamps, signs, chairs, boxes, fence, trees, etc

or can I just use the script and find the offsets to each file that I want?

is the imhex debugger still needed at this point? 

It's really difficult to say when an import script will be released that will now support every file type. Personally, I am still working on the final version, which does not require a JSON file and calculates the required offsets myself. The beta version is about 80-90 percent finished and now has almost 1000 lines of code. Even after 40-50 file checks you still find new file types. For example, the Flashlight file has a completely different structure for the 2nd level than all the others. It's really difficult to write something like this because there are almost no clear patterns in such files.

21 hours ago, Mike2023 said:

It's really difficult to say when an import script will be released that will now support every file type. Personally, I am still working on the final version, which does not require a JSON file and calculates the required offsets myself. The beta version is about 80-90 percent finished and now has almost 1000 lines of code. Even after 40-50 file checks you still find new file types. For example, the Flashlight file has a completely different structure for the 2nd level than all the others. It's really difficult to write something like this because there are almost no clear patterns in such files.

i'm a little worried that the new DLC will introduce even more caveats to consider with the format. it is great to hear the progress you've made, i've been a little burned out from this project myself unfortunately :(

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2024 at 3:54 PM, riverence said:

i'm a little worried that the new DLC will introduce even more caveats to consider with the format. it is great to hear the progress you've made, i've been a little burned out from this project myself unfortunately 😞

I can understand you. I don't do that every day either. I was more likely to get in here and found it very interesting. Programming is just a hobby for me. If you like, I can give you the raw data of the script, but is still a construction site. According to the motto, if one function works, the other no longer works ... 🤔
For the other users, I have a new version of the script with the JSON file, which now also supports the meshes of the vegetation. Because there are like a double block size for the mesh info table. In addition, the calculation of the block size is now automated.

Edit: Will clean up a little in the forum and delete all old files. There are also some new offsets again. ☺️

binfbx_loader_blender_humans.zip

Edited by Mike2023
  • Thanks 1